Vomit and or Gagging and Foam

AmandaPeterson

Feb 10, 2014
New Braunfels, Texas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Eleanor Rigby aka. Ellie 4 years and Beaux who is 4months.
Eleanor has recently gotten over pneumonia and and upper respiratory infection. But she has not stopped vomiting and gagging. At least once a day it is foam and kibble and several times a day it is foam and or saliva. She will cough and out will come the foam and then other times its vomit. Usually the foam is after she drinks water. The food vomit is later in the day. I am not sure what to do. I have tried rubbing her throat as she drinks or after, I have tried the lemon juice as well. Anyone else have any other ideas. My poor carpet has seen better days.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I would try to break up her feeding. So if she gets a cup of kibble for dinner at 6, give her half a cup at 5 and then the other half at 6. Also make she's eating and drinking slowly. For food, we use stainless steel balls in his bowl. The ones we have
are called Portion Pacers and slow down how fast he eats.

Don't let her run around after eating either. Wait at least one hour before playing. Two is even better.

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
So sorry to hear about your baby. It's really hard to see them sick like this. I just want to wish Eleanor a speedy recovery!

OP
A

AmandaPeterson

Feb 10, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
it happens throughout the day. For example she was just outside for about 30-40min. Its a beautiful day in central Texas and she enjoys being out. Well she came in and vomited her breakfast. Still intact kibble. So it seems that she isn't chewing. I may need to get her a some of those balls or portion controller for her feeding. I will try spreading up her feeding. She gets a cup in the AM and a cup in the PM (8months old). I just feel bad for her because she starts to cough/gag and almost always something comes out.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That sounds like the best thing. She may still be getting completely over her illness too, poor baby. I hope she gets better real soon.

cbh142

Aug 4, 2012
Irwin, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Geno
aw.... ya try spreading her food out is a good idea. Hope she feels better soon.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
So sorry not sure how to advise you -but i would raise the issues you have with your vet
Spreading food as it was suggested already would be my first route too

BulldogMomma

Mar 18, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King George
I was having the same problem with our EB George when he was younger. We got him a slow feed bowl and we have not had the issue! Wishing your baby a speedy recovery!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I would limit her time outside. She may be running around and that will make the foam build up. Also did the vet check to make sure she doesn't have an elongated palate? That will add to the problem. I would find a good bully vet to check her palate out.

OP
A

AmandaPeterson

Feb 10, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes, the vet will check her pallet when we get her spayed at one year. The breeder thinks that she does have one. She also had pneumonia when she was a few months old.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online