raetate

Jan 5, 2014
virginia beach, va
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
hercules
Hercules woke us up with him
Throwing up and he pee'd himself :( rushed him outside just in case he did more of his business and got him fed. Well not even an hour later, he threw all his food back up :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Ok… well NO food for now. Obviously he's not feeling well… do you think he ate anything, toys, rawhides, socks, etc?!! It could be an obstruction or a viral bug… a call to the vet may be in order. I would keep an eye on him today for sure, if he gets worse you may have to take him in to the vets, especially if he starts getting diarrhea he could dehydrate quickly. If the vet agrees on food I would feed him a bland diet… rice w/boiled chicken (unless he's allergic) or beef.

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
nothing to add here just want to say get better soon Hercules!

OP
raetate

raetate

Jan 5, 2014
virginia beach, va
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
hercules
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] I made an appointment to bring him in but they won't be able to see him till Friday :( they said to watch him, give him plenty of water (which is an always cause his bowl is HUGE), rice and chicken broth. Uh it's just upsetting he's not feeling well :( he hasn't pooped which is a good sign ..

OP
raetate

raetate

Jan 5, 2014
virginia beach, va
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
hercules
y3eta5a3.jpg
my poor baby :(

chaygirl79

Mar 12, 2014
GA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel and Roxy
Poor baby! Hope he feels better soon!!!!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Is there a different vet you can get him into? You can tell he doesn't feel well, he looks so sad. :(

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I would be worried about obstuction. Not pooping isnt really a great sign. Is he still throwing up? If yes call the vet back for an emergency appt.

B

Baxter Tiberius

he hasn't pooped which is a good sign ..

Actually, that can be a bad sign. And can a sign of obstruction. No matter what any vet tells you, if he's throwing up his food, and he's not pooping, I would get him in for an ultrasound at the local 24 hour vet hospital. After what Baxter went through, the most important sign was the lack of normal poops. If he does not poop by tomorrow, and still can't keep food down .... or his poop "drains" out his rear as an oozing liquid ... I would get him to the hospital, just to be safe. Also look for excess salivating (possibly dripping on the floor out his mouth) and pale gums.

I waited, as per my vets instructions, and woke up the next morning to this:

IMAGE_42.jpg

IMAGE_44.jpg

They did an X ray and saw nothing.

They did an ultrasound and saw nothing.

The vet told me to go home and give him time.

Instead I went to the ER. Thanks to the wonderful people on this website. Who apparently know more than trained vets lol! (ugh)

The Surgeon said it was obstruction and they needed to do exploratory surgery.

This is what they found:

IMAGE_45.jpg

It was a soft, rubbery sponge material. So it was invisible to the X ray and Ultrasound.

So even if they do an ultrasound and see nothing, keep an eye out for lack of poops and continued inability to keep food down.

-B-

OP
raetate

raetate

Jan 5, 2014
virginia beach, va
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
hercules
I meant no pooping as in diarrhea. I'm sorry I should have been more specific :/ but he hasn't been throwing up ... I gave him some chicken broth and rice and he's been ok for now. And if he does throw up through the night first thing tomorrow is going to be the hospital. But when I took him out this morning after he woke us up with throwing up. He poop'd.

B

Baxter Tiberius

Oh okay!

Thats good news then.

Usually bland diet is best for awhile yep. As bland as you can go.

Sorry for any alarms :)

OP
raetate

raetate

Jan 5, 2014
virginia beach, va
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
hercules
[MENTION=9462]Baxter Tiberius[/MENTION] oh no! You're good. I should have been more specific when I was explaining. But he has finished all his food and we are about to go for a long walk. So hopefully he gets his poop out. It makes sense though about him feeling so sick with no poop because this is about to be TMI but when I can't go #2 I start to feel sick. And dogs are not so different from humans.

OP
raetate

raetate

Jan 5, 2014
virginia beach, va
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
hercules
So Hercules just poopd and well you all were right obstruction. I'm thankful he was able to pass it, he ate a toy rope, I thought I threw them all away but nope. I had to pull it out, poor thing I know that must not have been comfortable.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.