High Value Treats

GoCards82

Jan 15, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Wacha
Trying to train the new pup with high value treats, but most seem to upset his bowel movement. Using only nongrain treats, anyone have any ideas on what best to use?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What are you using now? When I trainedBanks as a pup... We used freeze dried beef liver. Expensive but WOW she was crazy for them

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
All bullies are different. Just like food what treats work for one might not work for another. We rarely give prepackaged treats but when we do we either use Fromms, NVI or Cloud Star. However, for my girl the high value treats are bananas and bell peppers. Also, as with treats and foods introduce only 1 new thing a day or every few days so if there is a reaction you can identify what caused the problem or reaction as most bullies have sensitive tummys.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We use Fruitables for their treats, but if you are using a lot of them for training, then use their kibble for treats.

ZuleikaD

Mar 3, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tallulah
We're limited because of allergies, too. For training, we tried something that was grain free and peanut butter, but she didn't really like them. I just bought a bag of freeze-dried salmon and she loves it. She was totally on her game at school this morning. Could not take her eyes off my hand. They are very expensive, but you cut the cubes up in to little pieces for training, so it goes farther than you think.

Someone else suggested something freeze-dried livers. You can get quite a variety of freeze-dried animal proteins. If you're having trouble, just choose the same thing that's in her regular food. You may need to look online or at a local pet shop that specializes in natural food rather than places like Petco to find what you're looking for.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.