Pink Face

KishiD

Feb 8, 2014
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocky
Over the last week i've noticed that Rocky seems to have get pink blotches on his face and mouth (mostly around his snout, lips and eyes). Its quite noticeable as he has a lot of white on his face. It looks like he's hot and flushed, but he doesn't feel hot to touch. I cant work out why it's happening as there doesn't seem to be a pattern, it reminds of sunburn (but he hasn't been out in the sun very much at all - certainly not long enough to burn) and it comes and goes during the day. Maybe its an allergic reaction. I wonder if i need to take him to the vet?

Does anyone else have experience of this? Any help appreciated :sos:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Two of my dogs have white on their faces. When they have been very active playing, their white around their noses gets very pink. When they settle it fades. Has this happened when he has been playing or running around. No bump, or pimples....

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
T...When they have been very active playing, their white around their noses gets very pink. When they settle it fades. ....

Same thing here. Castor gets a bit pink when he's been playing a lot or when he's been chewing on a bone, but it fades pretty quickly.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
My Harlea is naturally light pink on her face and when she play or is otherwise excited she becomes flushed and her face will turn dark pink to red as will her eyes and then when she calms down she goes back to pink. Which is normal. If they are dark pink to red all the time it is normally due to allergies.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Same as others have stated.... banks is all white with brindle freckles and when she is excited or was playing... She looks flush, but once she settles down, it goes away

OP
KishiD

KishiD

Feb 8, 2014
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocky
Thank you all! Yes I had wondered if it was playing/walking that had made him flush but I've just been checking while he's asleep and it's still there. I have taken a picture where you can see it a little.

One thing I have introduced this week is a bone! He's never had them before and loves it but I wonder if that has something to do with it?

yre5u4eb.jpg
re8e7yna.jpg
abunenuj.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
The coloring looks normal to me as it is a light pink. It looks brighter against the white fur than it really is. Lighting can play tricks as well and make it look darker than it really is.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Could be the bone, keep the bones away from him and see if it goes away. He is adorable!

OP
KishiD

KishiD

Feb 8, 2014
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocky
Ah thank you again all. I'm a paranoid first time mum! If I could afford it we'd be in the vets every week!!

Really appreciate your advice! :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.