Bad news...Bodie started to bleed again and he has prolapsed again...

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww I'm so sorry your dealing with this again. Poor Bidie, I hope he gets better soon. Is surgery for sure for this?, or can this heal? Thinking of you and Bodie, sending hugs, love and prayers. Please keep us posted.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Jeeping Brodie in our thoughts xx i hope she dies not need a surgery and this is just one off episode xxx

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Thinking of Bodie and keeping fingers tightly crossed that his next operation will be a success :assurred::hug:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Well, we went to the vet yesterday...Bodie hasn't bled since the two times on Saturday, I wanted to push it out and look at it on Sunday, but then again I didn't want to! I really wanted to see what it looked like, but I didn't want to disturb it or have it start to bleed again. So yesterday the vet pushed it out and it doesn't look good. However, it doesn't look the same as it did on the last 2 prolapses.? The first two times this happened, it looked like a purple mushroom had formed on the tip of his penis, to be more visual, his penis went from smooth to a large swollen purple mushroom somewhat hanging off the end. After his second surgery, because the entire prolapse had to be cut off, his "normal" tip looked kinda gross, mangled, and lumpy all over. The vet told us that is the way it would look from then on. Well, this time, the tip looks exactly like his "normal" lumpy tip, but then it goes to swollen and red and larger in circumference than the tip. It's very confusing to me! It just doesn't look like the prolapses from the past. Idk if its because after his second surgery, w/the mangled look, that's how a prolapse would look now or what?
However, my local vet, the one we visited yesterday, has never actually seen a prolapsed urethra before and isn't familiar w/ the surgery or any protocol for this. So we'll be going back to Wilmington, 2 1/2-3 hour drive, to the animal hospital where Bodie had his first 2 surgeries done. We go there next Tuesday. Then I guess we'll find out if it has actually prolapsed or if, maybe, this is just an episode that may happen every now and then and doesn't require any kind of surgery. Obviously we're hoping for no surgery! Our local vet and hospital in Wilmington don't seem to be overly concerned since he's no longer bleeding and he's not having any issues with urinating. He doesn't seem to be in any pain either. Vet did give us some Valium to keep him comfortable and "laid back" if needed.
Ill continue to keep y'all updated on any new news if any and then on what happens at next weeks appt.
thanks for all the prayers and support and keep them coming!!!

BullyLove!!!

pryaing all is going well..... how is your baby doing?

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
How is Bodie doing? Praying all is going well for you guys.

OP
BodiesMom

BodiesMom

Feb 18, 2014
Eastern NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bodie
Bodie's doing ok. Nothing has changed. He's still not bleeding, which is great! And he's urinating fine! We go to the animal hospital on Tuesday morning to see if he's going to need surgery or not, so ill let everyone know what happens then.
Thanks again for the support and prayers!!

BullyLove!!!

OP
BodiesMom

BodiesMom

Feb 18, 2014
Eastern NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bodie
UPDATE ON BODIE...
No surgery! At least as of now! Vet said that there is a small section that's prolapsed and it does look like the lining wants to come up and out, but because he isn't bleeding and its not 100% prolapsed, surgery isn't needed right now!!! We do have to watch him and see when/if he has another bleeding episode. If it happens once a month or more frequent than that, he'll need the surgery, if its less frequent, once every 3-6 months, it can wait, depending upon the severity at the time of the bleeding. So, YAY!!!! What a relief!!!!! The prayers and well wishes worked!!! Thanks y'all!!!!!!
On the other hand, Bodie's skin is still terrible. He has new spots/sores everyday. I'm really hoping something will give with this situation...
We did have one other issue arise, I was out of town from Friday midday to Monday midday, and when I got home I saw that Bodie had pee'd on one of our living room chairs!(now this was his chair that I usually cover with sheets and blankets, but he normally sleeps in the chair). He had also pee'd in his crate. His crate is in my husbands office and Bodie mostly only sleeps or hangs out in it when daddy's in his office. He does sleep in it on occasion. This isn't just a regular wire crate either! It's a big furniture/rattan-like, $450 crate! Now, he has pee'd in the crate before, but only after I had just washed the bedding/blankets and put them back in the crate! He's done the same thing before with his old bed we used to have in the living room, after it was washed also. Which is the reason it was/is his "OLD" bed!!! So, I don't know if he was mad at me for being gone? Revenge? Pure meanness? He can be such a sh*thead sometimes!!!! But he's my sh*thead and I love him!!!!
Bodie says "thanks again everyone for wishing me well!!"

BullyLove!!!

satch1151

Dec 18, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rambo
Glad he's doing OK will keep him in my thoughts

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

Jonel

Jun 27, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sherman
Our best to you and Bodie! Sherman's prolapse surgery seems to be working for now, but he is such a humper I worry that will bring it back. Sorry about the skin issues too. Sherman is having his tail amputated next month because of constant infections. So, we understand what you are going through. Take care!

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.