Bad news...Bodie started to bleed again and he has prolapsed again...

OP
BodiesMom

BodiesMom

Feb 18, 2014
Eastern NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bodie
I'm so sorry that you are having so many issues w/Bodieā€¦ he's such a sweet looking bully!!! I don't have any experience w/the prolapseā€¦ just wanted to offer support. We are here for you guys :hug:

Thanks! We love hugs!! And support!!

BullyLove!!!

OP
BodiesMom

BodiesMom

Feb 18, 2014
Eastern NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bodie
I will Pray for this Precious Bully Bodie, Keep us all informed on how he is doing. Will your Vet let you pay so much a month for him having surgery? So you have Ins. on him? Bodie is the most Sweetest Looking Boy, How old is Bodie? I would love to hug him and give him kisses. I am sorry you and Bodie are going through this, but maybe after this surgery he will be All Well Susan Moore

Prayers are needed, so thank u very much!!
No, the vet won't do the surgery w/out pymt. We'll figure it out somehow! We had insurance for Bodie until about a year ago, it wasn't paying for itself and they refused to pay for any of his skin issues, which is the majority of his bills, LONG story, ins. co. will find ways to get out of paying!!!
Bodie turned 4 last Dec 21st.
Lol, I, too would love to give Bodie hugs and kisses, but he is not a kissy cuddly bully. He will turn his head away from me or get up and turn to put his butt in my face!!!
I also hope he will be all well after getting all this fixed, fingers crossed, but we thought he'd be fine after the first and second surgery for a prolapsed urethra...prayers!!

BullyLove!!!

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Im sorry that Bodie isnt well -sadly i never came across this issue but i wanted to wish your baby "get better soon" xxx
Please keep us updated how the vet visit went xx

OP
BodiesMom

BodiesMom

Feb 18, 2014
Eastern NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bodie
Aww:*( so sorry to read this. I don't know what this condition means but it's always hard emotionally and economically when something isn't right:(. He is adorable, just love his face:luv:. Great idea with the nappy holder, I've seen some keep a harness on them and use little suspenders to keep the nappy up. I hope you and him will get a break very soon:assurred:

Thank u!!!

BullyLove!!!

OP
BodiesMom

BodiesMom

Feb 18, 2014
Eastern NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bodie
Im sorry that Bodie isnt well -sadly i never came across this issue but i wanted to wish your baby "get better soon" xxx
Please keep us updated how the vet visit went xx

Thanks!!
Will def let y'all know after vet! Thanks again!!

BullyLove!!!

Chubby

Feb 20, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubby
[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION]...Lilo is so cute...she has the sweetest face I want to smoochie it!!!!

Chubbyā™”

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I'm sorry that Bodie has prolapsed again! I know it can come and go with our bullies who r prone to this. The vet told me that even the surgery doesn't guarantee that it won't happen again bc the area is so vascular . But if you have a surgeon that is experienced in it, then hopefully the chances are much better that it won't prolapse again. Finn has had 2 episodes of this in the past and I worry about him too. Hugs to u and Bodie !

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
That sweet face just breaks my heart! Wishing there was something we could do to help... :(

OP
BodiesMom

BodiesMom

Feb 18, 2014
Eastern NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bodie
Well, we went to the vet yesterday...Bodie hasn't bled since the two times on Saturday, I wanted to push it out and look at it on Sunday, but then again I didn't want to! I really wanted to see what it looked like, but I didn't want to disturb it or have it start to bleed again. So yesterday the vet pushed it out and it doesn't look good. However, it doesn't look the same as it did on the last 2 prolapses.? The first two times this happened, it looked like a purple mushroom had formed on the tip of his penis, to be more visual, his penis went from smooth to a large swollen purple mushroom somewhat hanging off the end. After his second surgery, because the entire prolapse had to be cut off, his "normal" tip looked kinda gross, mangled, and lumpy all over. The vet told us that is the way it would look from then on. Well, this time, the tip looks exactly like his "normal" lumpy tip, but then it goes to swollen and red and larger in circumference than the tip. It's very confusing to me! It just doesn't look like the prolapses from the past. Idk if its because after his second surgery, w/the mangled look, that's how a prolapse would look now or what?
However, my local vet, the one we visited yesterday, has never actually seen a prolapsed urethra before and isn't familiar w/ the surgery or any protocol for this. So we'll be going back to Wilmington, 2 1/2-3 hour drive, to the animal hospital where Bodie had his first 2 surgeries done. We go there next Tuesday. Then I guess we'll find out if it has actually prolapsed or if, maybe, this is just an episode that may happen every now and then and doesn't require any kind of surgery. Obviously we're hoping for no surgery! Our local vet and hospital in Wilmington don't seem to be overly concerned since he's no longer bleeding and he's not having any issues with urinating. He doesn't seem to be in any pain either. Vet did give us some Valium to keep him comfortable and "laid back" if needed.
Ill continue to keep y'all updated on any new news if any and then on what happens at next weeks appt.
thanks for all the prayers and support and keep them coming!!!

BullyLove!!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Well I hope he is fixed for good now and no more problems.

OP
BodiesMom

BodiesMom

Feb 18, 2014
Eastern NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bodie
I'm sorry that Bodie has prolapsed again! I know it can come and go with our bullies who r prone to this. The vet told me that even the surgery doesn't guarantee that it won't happen again bc the area is so vascular . But if you have a surgeon that is experienced in it, then hopefully the chances are much better that it won't prolapse again. Finn has had 2 episodes of this in the past and I worry about him too. Hugs to u and Bodie !

We do have a wonderful vet surgeon that did Bodies first two episodes, he also told us that even after the second surgery, where the prolapse had to be cut off, that there was no guarantee that it wouldn't happen again because there's still more lining of the penis. This is why we've always tried to stay on top of his "air humping" antics!! We always tell him to quit doing that before he breaks his GG again!! It would be very helpful if they could find the reason for why this happens though!! Vets have told me that obviously they don't know why or what causes it but there are many different theories as to why: UTI's, genetics, hormones, "sexually" related issues. But because Bodie was only 3 months old when he prolapsed the 1st time, our local vet was baffled! She said that it wasn't from being "sexual", he wasn't even producing sperm at that age nor did he hump either. I actually think the 1st time, that he had an UTI, bladder infection! And he actually did have an urinary tract infection!
The 2nd time he prolapsed he was 7 months old. 2 days prior he "came into his manhood", so to say! He had went out to pee, came in and I went to clean him off and he was erect. Me, not registering what was happening, I thought something was wrong w/him! So I sat down on the floor w/him, was rubbing his face and head and talking to him to calm him and next thing I know, he "finished"!!, right there in the kitchen floor!! 2days later, he prolapsed. That time it was a much worse prolapse, the reason for the more invasive surgery. So, it has been 3 1/2 years since then and I'm not sure what the reason could be this time. No UTI. And he was neutered when he had the 2nd surgery at 7 months old.
It just looks soooo different this time!?!
Do u happen to know if this is just something that may happen every now and then, but it isn't actually a prolapse?

BullyLove!!!

OP
BodiesMom

BodiesMom

Feb 18, 2014
Eastern NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bodie
Well I hope he is fixed for good now and no more problems.

I'm hoping so too! But the vets have said that a bully w/this issue could continue having this same issue over and over because there's still more lining to the penis... If we knew why or what causes it, it would aid in trying to fix it and keep it from reoccurring!
Thanks!!

BullyLove!!!

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Staff online

Members online