Bad news...Bodie started to bleed again and he has prolapsed again...

BodiesMom

Feb 18, 2014
Eastern NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bodie
Well, Bodie started bleeding from his penis again today...I checked him out and I'm pretty sure it's prolapsed again. Anyone who's dealt w/this also knows that once you've seen the purple mushroom on the tip of the penis, you pretty much can tell what has happened if it arises again in the future! I'm so incredibly upset...tears for hours...how to come up w/$1000 for the surgery, why he is always suffering with health issues, why we and Bodie just can't seem to catch a break?
On a lil lighter note, I had to find a way to keep a pull-up on him so he wouldn't have blood all over himself and the house. (We don't have anything else besides a few pull-ups left from my son), so I had to use some ingenuity and genius, but I came up with some diaper suspenders!!
ju5asare.jpg
5evube9u.jpg

BullyLove!!!

Chubby

Feb 20, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubby
BodiesMom...Oh poor baby...I just wanna kiss his face...hope he gets better soon and I will pray for him♡

Chubby♡

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Aww:*( so sorry to read this. I don't know what this condition means but it's always hard emotionally and economically when something isn't right:(. He is adorable, just love his face:luv:. Great idea with the nappy holder, I've seen some keep a harness on them and use little suspenders to keep the nappy up. I hope you and him will get a break very soon:assurred:

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
So sorry for poor little Bodie is it painful? and he looks so adorable in his diapers beautiful face

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
I will Pray for this Precious Bully Bodie, Keep us all informed on how he is doing. Will your Vet let you pay so much a month for him having surgery? So you have Ins. on him? Bodie is the most Sweetest Looking Boy, How old is Bodie? I would love to hug him and give him kisses. I am sorry you and Bodie are going through this, but maybe after this surgery he will be All Well Susan Moore

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Such turmoil for a sweet faced boy..... Prayers that you can get him all healed up

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
Sorry don't have any experience with what you are going through, but it would break my heart see such a beautiful boy going through this, he is just he cutest thing, hugs to you too!!!! Hope it can all work out soon :hug2:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm so sorry that you are having so many issues w/Bodie… he's such a sweet looking bully!!! I don't have any experience w/the prolapse… just wanted to offer support. We are here for you guys :hug:

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Oh no! I feel for you and little Bodie. Broke my heart when i read this and saw his beautiful face. Hope he is not in pain? Sorry i have nothing to offer. I just want to give you and little Bodie a huge tight hug *HUGS*.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Prayers for your Bodie boy. So sorry that you and he have to go through so much.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
1888645_588177567938504_1017945717_n.jpg

This is Lilo. She is part of the padded bum crew.

Her mamas uses a harness and I believe mattress pad clips that clip from the harness to the pullup.

OP
BodiesMom

BodiesMom

Feb 18, 2014
Eastern NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bodie
Thanks everyone for the love, support, and prayers! They are very needed and much appreciated. Bodie IS such a sweet and good bulldog! He almost never gets in trouble or does anything he isn't supposed to, w/the exception of poopin in mamas flower beds on occasion if its raining outside!! Plus the occasional "I wanna hump something" episodes, and that gets him into trouble only because we don't want what has happened now, the prolapsed urethra, to happen! For those of u that don't know about this issue, it's not an easy thing to explain nor is there a confirmed reason for why it happens. It is almost only seen in male EB's and odds are about 1 in every 10,000. Basically, a prolapsed urethra is when a part of the lining of the penis decides it is going to come up and outside of the penis, forming a purple mushroom like shape onto the head of the penis. Theres alot of bleeding involved and i do believe it is painful, however like all bully owners probably already know, bullies have very high tolerances to pain, therefore Bodie doesn't show that he's in any pain or discomfort. It is a little tender when touched for cleaning purposes, but he doesn't jerk away or wine or cry. Thank God, cause i definitely wouldn't be able to handle that! There are theories or guesses as to why this happens, but no one really knows, which is insanely frustrating considering this is the 3rd time Bodie has prolapsed! I've only encountered 2 other bully owners, here on EBN, that have had this issue w/their bullies and based upon our conversations, Bodie's cases have been much more invasive.
I can update that Bodie has not had any bleeding today!! I haven't looked at his penis, honestly because I'm too scared to push it out! I don't want to make it start bleeding again. Hopefully, fingers crossed, the vet will be able to see him in the morning, so I'm trying to hold off and let the vet do the pushing, pulling and looking. I've always heard the old wives tale, "when it rains, it pours" and we are a testament to that!! Not only have we been dealing with Bodies horrible skin break out lately, but now this. My poor baby just can't catch a break.

BullyLove!!!

OP
BodiesMom

BodiesMom

Feb 18, 2014
Eastern NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bodie
View attachment 68050

This is Lilo. She is part of the padded bum crew.

Her mamas uses a harness and I believe mattress pad clips that clip from the harness to the pullup.

The only harness we have is Bodies travel harness. So he'd think we were going somewhere if I took it out of the cabinet and put it on him, which would give him anxiety when he realized we weren't going anywhere! So, I just used a wide piece of elastic I had and 2 of the mattress sheet clips also and made his lil suspenders for his diaper!! The harness thing is a good idea though! Lilo is adorable, she has a cute baby face!!!

BullyLove!!!

OP
BodiesMom

BodiesMom

Feb 18, 2014
Eastern NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bodie
Oh no! I feel for you and little Bodie. Broke my heart when i read this and saw his beautiful face. Hope he is not in pain? Sorry i have nothing to offer. I just want to give you and little Bodie a huge tight hug *HUGS*.

Thanks! I don't think he's in pain, at least not enough to keep him from wanting to play and chew on his bones!!

BullyLove!!!

OP
BodiesMom

BodiesMom

Feb 18, 2014
Eastern NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bodie
Sorry don't have any experience with what you are going through, but it would break my heart see such a beautiful boy going through this, he is just he cutest thing, hugs to you too!!!! Hope it can all work out soon :hug2:

Thanks! We'll take all the virtual hugs u can send!!

BullyLove!!!

📰 Latest posts

Members online