Bumpy Chin

BullyWyatt

Mar 2, 2014
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Wyatt
I am new to EBN and I know that if I did a search I probably would find what I'm looking for but sometimes this is quicker. Our puppy Wyatt has all kinds of bumps/sores on his chin. Like I said we are new to an EB and this is our first dog. I have attached a photo so you can see what his chin looks like. Any suggestions on what and how to treat it would be appreciated. Thank you.

uje6ume9.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maizy

Oct 9, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maizy
I'm glad I saw this! Mine has it too but not as bad. I asked the vet last week when we were there for shots and she said it could be the food bowl making an allergic reaction and switch from plastic
Or could be her constant dribbling after meals.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
What kind of bowls are you using? Could be bully acne, but bowls and wiping their chins after drinking makes a huge difference. Most of us use stainless steel, wash after eating/drinking and wipe the chin with a towel after drinking.

OP
BullyWyatt

BullyWyatt

Mar 2, 2014
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Wyatt
We are using stainless steel bowls and we wipe his chin after he drinks. Any idea what we can use on the bumps?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I think it is bully acne..... clean it and keep dry with witch hazel on a cotton pad. You can also use two other type pads, but the names escape me right now

[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Chum is constantly chewing toys in the yard and his chin is always getting abrasions and bumps.love been wooing his chin everyday with duoxo pads and it's helped a lot!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
The douxo pads are great. You could try ceramic bowls if it doesn't clear up. Brutus had this and for us it turned out to be food allergies. Keep an eye out for other symptoms. Licking feet, cysts between toes, stuff like that.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.