What is consider a over weight EB

Jlambe

Aug 7, 2013
Dallas, Tx
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack Daddy
IMAG0739.jpgIMG_6158.jpgIMG_9344.jpg I was just curious what is considered an over weight bulldog, I have a 11 month old EB and he is a stout little guy weighing in at 70 lbs but I swear he doesn't have a inch of fat on him, all muscle and wrinkles. I would almost say he could get even bigger and I don't over feed him, I am going to the wet next month for his 1 year check ups. I guess I'll set what vet thinks but everything has been good so far.

Sarah Elizabeth

Oct 20, 2013
Kentucky
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hulk
He doesn't look overweight in his pics. All EBs are different sizes. Hulks on the small side, weighing in at 33lbs at 7 1/2 months.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I think a bully is considered overweight when they lose the taper from the end of their rib cage to their hips. If you could take an over head pic of him we could tell if he has a taper. He looks good to me from the pics you have up. He is a big boy. Adorable!!!

OP
Jlambe

Jlambe

Aug 7, 2013
Dallas, Tx
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack Daddy
I think a bully is considered overweight when they lose the taper from the end of their rib cage to their hips. If you could take an over head pic of him we could tell if he has a taper. He looks good to me from the pics you have up. He is a big boy. Adorable!!!

When I get home from work and get a chance I will take a picture from above

Brianmays71

Mar 8, 2014
Buster is 81lbs and in perfect health.He's big strong and short.I guess it depends on how you take care of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
He looks normal- just a heavy boned over done bully- the way they should be in my opinion. So many people try to get that look by increasing food and making the dog fat.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
From the pics, he is not over weight. He looks good. The overhead shot will help. As long as they have a little waist and you can still fell their ribs with a little pressure then he is fine. He is a handsome boy too.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OMG... he is gorgeous, love that first picture.

But as others stated a shot from above looking down at back/waist will help

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
He looks great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Jlambe

Jlambe

Aug 7, 2013
Dallas, Tx
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack Daddy
OMG... he is gorgeous, love that first picture.

But as others stated a shot from above looking down at back/waist will help

He will sit like that the whole car ride, it is the strangest thing. He will watch TV with me, something about the show walking dead he likes. He will watch the whole show and when the zombies are shown and making that noise he gets him all scared and worked up, just like someone watching a scary movie. It is the funniest thing

BodiesMom

Feb 18, 2014
Eastern NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bodie
He's a gorgeous Bully! About a year ago the vets kept telling me that Bodie was overweight. He topped out at around 65-68lbs. At 3 years old. I never thought him I be fat, I could still see his waistline and feel his last couple ribs. Over the last year he's been more sick than before and he lost some weight. He now weighs around 45-48lbs and the vet says he's perfect. However, me and my hubby think he's too skinny! It's hard to say when it comes to Bulldogs. Genetics and health play a big role in their size. As long as your baby isn't gasping for air, or damaging his hips and bones or putting any strain on his heart or joints, I'd say he's perfect!!

BullyLove!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He will sit like that the whole car ride, it is the strangest thing. He will watch TV with me, something about the show walking dead he likes. He will watch the whole show and when the zombies are shown and making that noise he gets him all scared and worked up, just like someone watching a scary movie. It is the funniest thing

VIDEO!!!! We need video of that.... LMAO!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, he doesn't look overweight, and like others have already said, every bully is different. How you can gage if your dog is overweight is to stand in front of him and look at him from above, he should have a well defined waist, and when you feel his ribs, you should be able to feel his ribs, but not see them.

Starkie

Dec 8, 2012
Northern California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Walley-Bubba aka Wooley Bulley aka Walter! aka Landi!!
The pic indicates he's got a waist and I'll bet you can see his ribs a little when he's lying on his back.
Just like my 17 moth old Walley-Bubba who was also the biggest pup in his litter.
WB gets a cup of Taste of the Wild Venison and Bison twice a day, with 3 squirts of Grizzly Salmon Oil on the morning meal.
He also gets a good 2-3 mile walk twice a week and races around the smallish back yard most other days.
No fat, just muscle and he's now getting wider as expected in his 2nd year.
He gets weighed every time we go to the vet, which is about every 2 months.
The groomer also lets me know if he's getting fat (WB was so we cut his food to 2 cups and walked him more).
Just keep an eye on your dog as we do and you will be fine and so will he.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.