Recommend stairs for bed!

TomnZon

Nov 29, 2010
NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn
Can anyone recommend a specific set of stairs we can buy for Brooklyn to easily get onto our bed???? High enough for a queen bed about 50" high....... I found a set of stairs but they were only like 23" high!

Thanx!

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I have found that any official dog stairs are too narrow for my bully, Abby. She has such a hard time because of her age and joints, so we made some up. We got a Square leather step stool from Target and put it next to a covered bench at the end of the bed. She can maneuver up onto both of them then onto the bed. Bella is much smaller and younger, she can get up the dog stairs, we got the wooden ones with the storage bin from Pet Smart. Top Paw&#153 Step & Store - Ramps & Steps - Dog - PetSmart But because the stair tops come off to get to the storage area, there are times if Bella runs up them, they bounce off.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Oh forgot to tell you, we have a king bed that has a high memory foam pad, it sits much higher than most beds, so the stairs still only reach the padded bench, then they can get onto the bed.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Can anyone recommend a specific set of stairs we can buy for Brooklyn to easily get onto our bed???? High enough for a queen bed about 50" high....... I found a set of stairs but they were only like 23" high!

Thanx!

FIFTY inches high????????? Teach her to use the same ladder you must use. LOL just kidding.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
we dont have any stairs for our baby, but i wanna build some for him i think the stairs at petsmart are over priced :eek: have you ever thought about building some?

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I wish I could refer the ebay seller who made my stairs cuz I LOVE them. Unfortunately they are gone now, I have tried to get ahold of her but no replies. If you are interested in making your own my boys had chewed a part of the carpet off one side so I can see how they were made and it really looks pretty simple. They used heavy duty styrofoam and cut 2 big pieces for each step. (my steps are pretty large since our bed is so high also and they arent heavy at all which is nice) I know they used some sort of specific glue that wont eat the styrofoam. (would have to ask at Michaels or another craft store probably) I know this because I had asked her back when the boys chewed our steps what glue to get to fix the carpet. Too bad I never bought it and cant remember what it was now. Have had these steps for a good 4 years and they will last forever I am sure. Have never seen any others like them on ebay since althoguh I havent looked in quite a while. Oh and my boys RUN up and down them as if they are racing or something and they are sturdy enough that they dont even budge.

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
I was thinking about getting some but are too narrow for her we might have to make some! That should be interesting!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I would love to find some steps to get Maggie in and out of bed .... not so much in, but out when she refuses to get out of bed. That way we could just leave her there and she could get up at her leisure!!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Hot tub stairs. Check out your local tub dealer and see what they have. They have a wider step and you can find them up to 4 tiers or so. They can be spendy!

Mike Blaylock

Dec 27, 2010
Forest Park, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
SgtMjr. Duketavius (Duke) Bruiser USMC Ret.
Duke could jump on my 2 foot high bed with no problem until recently. Soooooo, I built him a set of steps. 2 foot is the standard bed height.
So I built them 12" tall, 20 inches deep, by 18" wide, with a 10" step depth step at 6" tall out of 3/8" plywood. I then reinforced the back with a
2x4 cut and fitted into the back. Nailed it all together with finishing nails. Then added carpet tacked on it with my bosch industrial staple gun.
It works great for him. He only has that last foot to navigate onto the bed. I weigh 230 lbs and the steps can hold me. 50"? that's 4 foot 2" That's like climbing into a monster truck to sleep.
I' would need steps myself for that. I've seen bunk beds lower than that.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online