brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
NO great story here, my son always wanted a bulldog named Brutus so he when got one for his birthday of course we had to name him Brutus. His name fits him to a tee. Frankenstein came named already as he is a rescue. His nick name is Frankie.

Jlambe

Aug 7, 2013
Dallas, Tx
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack Daddy
I have always wanted a EB and my grandma would always send me card and such on holidays of EB, so when I finally got one, I let her name the him and she picked MAC DADDY

Sarah Elizabeth

Oct 20, 2013
Kentucky
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hulk
My boyfriend was nicknamed the Hulk in college by his friends....we didn't know each other than so I've only heard the stories that led to this. He's now settled down and retired as the Hulk so our Hulk now gets to carry on the name.

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
I have always wanted a EB and my grandma would always send me card and such on holidays of EB, so when I finally got one, I let her name the him and she picked MAC DADDY

that's so sweet!:blush:

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
We went round and round trying to come up with a name and my daughter always liked the never ending story so we got Sebastian drone the never ending story ..., but the neat thing is that I had not even looked at his akc papers yet then when I did I found out that his daddy's name is Ray's Sebastian , he was born on my late mothers Birthday and he was my birthday gift that I had wanted a bully for 20 years so he was meant to be my bully :):)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
My husband and I got married at Jekyll Island Ga. When we got Henry I didn't really care to get an inside dog but agreed that it would be fine as long as I didn't have to be the one that cared for him. While I was getting things in order with the breeder, hubby and the kids decided on Dr. Jekyll. I said it was fine but kind of long. On the drive home my son looked up Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and discovered his first name was Henry. We all loved it and he became Dr. Henry Jekyll. I fell in love with Henry at first sight. I've been attached to him from the beginning. I enjoy caring for him. My health keeps me at home most of the time and Henry keeps me company. We spend several hours a day snuggled on the couch.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Such nice stories:)

My husband named Boeboe since she was his birthday present. His younger brother had a teddy bear named Boeboe when they were children and she looked like a little teddy when she was a puppy<3 Her name fits her well:) I think it also means "clown" in Spanish... maybe, lol.

Bennie got named Bennie after my husbands youngest brother and grandmother who's names are Benjamin and Benjamina:)

Joey's name was Zoey when we got her but we wanted to get her a new name with her fresh start in life so we decided on Joey, it's different but not completely so she'll still know we're talking to her:) We got it Joey in "Friends".

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
All my dogs are named after characters: Sully: the villain from Commando, Mi'me: short for mini me. As Curly is our third dog, we thought it would only be appropriate to name him after our favorite Stooge. Funny enough my husband is related to Larry from the 3 Stooges (either his uncle or great uncle).

upu9e8u3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
I picked Lilly because she was the smaller girlie from the litter- and the biggest clown ,when caught she was giving me the eyes and the look "it wasn't me they are picking on me" I chosen Lilly because it reminded me of delicate flower and as well i wanted a human name for her x

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
i hadjust moved to Florida and took up golf, badly I might add, so when I decided to get an EBD, it was only fitting I name him " Bogey". Many thought it was short for Bogart, and we do refer to him as that when describing his satanic alter-ego!

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
Not much of a story here, my husband always likes human names for our animal. Somehow we went to name him Barry but kids very quickly changed it Bazza and it stuck, Typical of us Aussie's Sharon = Shazza, Karen = kazza, Terry = Tezza etc.

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
When we officially agreed to get a puppy, my bf and I decided her name would have to be something we both liked and agreed on. We threw around names for a few weeks while we looked at her pictures and one day he mentioned the name "June" because she was born in June. We didn't discuss any more names after that :)

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
Molly... We spent a few days trying out different names when we first got her. My youngest son just started calling her Ms. Molly and it stuck.

Kevin... The day Kevin was born i called him 'Chunky' because he was the chunkiest of the litter (not the biggest.. just the thickest). A few weeks later and my wife and kids are watching 'Despicable Me II' and 'Home Alone' (it was xmas time) and the next thing i know they are calling Chunk by the name 'Kevin'... and it just stuck.

Sometimes Molly is referred to as "Your DOG!".. as in "YOUR DOG JUST CARRIED OFF MY KEYBOARD AGAIN!!" (me... talking to my wife).

Sometimes Kevin is still called Chunk... as in "Chunk just ate all of Molly's dinner again.. and now he's eating all of Ellie's.." (kids talking about Kevin's love of food.. but not doing anything about it).

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
It was either Sir Blueberry Muffin (named after my love of all things Blueberry, especially muffins), or Bukowski- after Charles Bukowski one of my favorite authors.
I thought Blueberry Muffin was cuter :tongue:

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
such great and cute stories - as for mine I've had my bully's name long before I had my bully -
NIGEL - cause it's a nice english name
WENTWORTH - after handsome actor Wentworth Miller from Prison Break
SINCLAIR - just cause it sounds nice

my son's femal bully is named
KARLY - after his favorite korean singer
ISABELLA - I chose this so that we could call her Bella which means Beautiful
SINCLAIR - to keep her in line with Nigel's name as family & so her initials are KIS as in KISS for her large heart on her side. Nigel has one too.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online