What's in a name??

Sophatp

Feb 2, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leonidas
I was just wondering how my fellow Bullie owners came to name their ball of wrinkles. I almost went with the name of Bruno before going with (Leo)nidas.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Met my husband, after being divorced 16 years. Eloped to Vegas after 5 months dating, Planned a nice beach wedding then my family got to involved (I was 45) coming home on the plane Joe ask me what I wanted for a wedding present, ALWAYS wanted an EB, could not afford or afford the upkeep. So of course I said EB, 1 month later adopted Vegas....name says it all. lol Vegas will be 5 in two weeks. :)

OP
Sophatp

Sophatp

Feb 2, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leonidas
Wow that's a good story and great name behind it all.

Feb 19, 2013
Tucson, AZ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Georgie Girl
My husband, George, retired and needed someone to talk to besides me. I suggested he need a baby bully (we had one when the kids were growing up). He said we could look, and that did.it! He held that baby girl in the palm of his hand and said "She's mine!" It was his Valentine's Day gift 6 yrs ago. Consequently her name is Miss Georgie Girl - she and George are basically glued together. However, she does share us. Love her to death.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

keystnlabs

Dec 27, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Agatha Gump
Can't top that story. Reba's Magnificent Agatha Gump = Reba is dam & our neighbor is Winston Groom. (Wrote Forrest Gump among many others). We & Winston are Univ of Alabama grads so it was fitting to pair this w/Agatha, an old fashioned English name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agentbunny

Nov 2, 2013
San Francisco, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leo & Lola
We have a Leonidas too! And Lola is actually Lolita. My daughter named Leonidas after watching the movie 300. Lola is a favorite bulldog name I guess, as I have seen many female bullies with that name.

raetate

Jan 5, 2014
virginia beach, va
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
hercules
My boyfriend and I were playing with him before deciding on adopting him and we laughed because his paws and head were so big for his body and the time so he was so clumsy and didn't know his strength so automatically Hercules came to mind :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Nope, no endearing story here. We named our boy after a salami Bifi (Beef-ii). Everyone who asks his name finds it funny tho lol.

BullyWyatt

Mar 2, 2014
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Wyatt
Our little guy was born 5 days premature cause his mommy's uterus tore and in order to save mom the vet had to get the pups out so he could fix mom. Out of 8 pups only 2 survived the premature birth. He struggled for the first few weeks with his weight but he was a fighter and the vet gave him an excellent health check a few days before we picked him up. When we were searching for names with meaning of a fighter or strength I saw Wyatt and it means "little warrior" and we agreed on it right away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chubby

Feb 20, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubby
[MENTION=10981]Sophatp[/MENTION]...We got Chubby on Valentine's Day as a family present. We threw around a bunch of names one was Bruno as well too funny!!! One day when I was on my way dropping the kids off at school...I said what about Chubby and it stuck...I actually named him Chubby Valentine...but my kids made me drop the Valentine:-(

Chubby♡

OP
Sophatp

Sophatp

Feb 2, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leonidas
I really like all these stories. Unfortunately for me, I just chose a name. I really like Greek mythology, so that is where Leo came from. Hope everyone gets a chance and share their story and read the ones posted. Good stuff guys.

Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
Ace from "Ace the Bathound". My son loves super heroes. We had initially named him Krypto, which is supermans dog. Considering his favorite character is batman, I did a google search to see if batman ever had a dog. Well, turns out he did in a few comics! So behold, ACE THE BAT HOUND. Lol.....

Ps. We also thought about lockjaw, which is the leader of the justice league wonder pets. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Ace from "Ace the Bathound". My son loves super heroes. We had initially named him Krypto, which is supermans dog. Considering his favorite character is batman, I did a google search to see if batman ever had a dog. Well, turns out he did in a few comics! So behold, ACE THE BAT HOUND. Lol.....

Ps. We also thought about lockjaw, which is the leader of the justice league wonder pets. Lol

My uncle used to have a GSD mix named Krypto. We grew up with him. gentlest dog to kids, a menace to thieves. Love that name and loved that dog.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
All of ours are named after my b/f favorite athletes

Nitschke -- Ray Nitschke from the Green Bay Packers

Banks -- Ernie Banks from the Chicago Cubs

Chelios -- Chris Chelios from the Chicago Blackhawks

Members online

No members online now.