Real Name
    Mary
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bogey
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: What's in a name??

i hadjust moved to Florida and took up golf, badly I might add, so when I decided to get an EBD, it was only fitting I name him " Bogey". Many thought it was short for Bogart, and we do refer to him as that when describing his satanic alter-ego!
    "We never really own a dog as much as they own us!"

Real Name
    Andrea
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bazza
    Likes (Received)

Not much of a story here, my husband always likes human names for our animal. Somehow we went to name him Barry but kids very quickly changed it Bazza and it stuck, Typical of us Aussie's Sharon = Shazza, Karen = kazza, Terry = Tezza etc.

Real Name
    Samantha
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    June
    Likes (Received)

When we officially agreed to get a puppy, my bf and I decided her name would have to be something we both liked and agreed on. We threw around names for a few weeks while we looked at her pictures and one day he mentioned the name "June" because she was born in June. We didn't discuss any more names after that

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
    Likes (Received)

Molly... We spent a few days trying out different names when we first got her. My youngest son just started calling her Ms. Molly and it stuck.

Kevin... The day Kevin was born i called him 'Chunky' because he was the chunkiest of the litter (not the biggest.. just the thickest). A few weeks later and my wife and kids are watching 'Despicable Me II' and 'Home Alone' (it was xmas time) and the next thing i know they are calling Chunk by the name 'Kevin'... and it just stuck.

Sometimes Molly is referred to as "Your DOG!".. as in "YOUR DOG JUST CARRIED OFF MY KEYBOARD AGAIN!!" (me... talking to my wife).

Sometimes Kevin is still called Chunk... as in "Chunk just ate all of Molly's dinner again.. and now he's eating all of Ellie's.." (kids talking about Kevin's love of food.. but not doing anything about it).

The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

It was either Sir Blueberry Muffin (named after my love of all things Blueberry, especially muffins), or Bukowski- after Charles Bukowski one of my favorite authors.
    I thought Blueberry Muffin was cuter

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nigel Wentworth Sinclair & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

such great and cute stories - as for mine I've had my bully's name long before I had my bully -
    NIGEL - cause it's a nice english name
    WENTWORTH - after handsome actor Wentworth Miller from Prison Break
    SINCLAIR - just cause it sounds nice

my son's femal bully is named
    KARLY - after his favorite korean singer
    ISABELLA - I chose this so that we could call her Bella which means Beautiful
    SINCLAIR - to keep her in line with Nigel's name as family & so her initials are KIS as in KISS for her large heart on her side. Nigel has one too.

Cheerio mates!

Real Name
    Lucie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Liz and Amy
    Likes (Received)

We wanted a "good" English name for our bulldog. We thought Elizabeth. But that's not enough. Our Liz has beautiful light brown eyes, so who is a famous Elizabeth with beautiful eyes. We named her Princess Elizabeth Rosemont after Elizabeth Taylor. We call her Liz. We adopted Amy, we decided on Princess Amelia Mary after Amelia Earhardt since she is not afraid of anything.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    Properly trained, a man can be dog's best friend. ~Corey Ford

Drool Catcher Become a 4 Paw Member cbh142's Avatar
    Real Name
    Colleen
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Geno
    Likes (Received)

The Pittsburgh penguins have a player they call "Geno", Evegeni Malkin. My hubby wanted that name from the start, but some dog "expert" said don't name him that because he'll get confused with his name and the word "no". We tossed around the idea of other names, we came close to naming him "buddy". My husband calls everyone "buddy" so it didn't feel right. We went against the expert opinion an stuck with Geno. It's fun when watching the game and the crowd chants "Geno! Geno! Geno!"
    RIP Fonzi- Mommy and Daddy miss you!

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    April
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jovi
    Likes (Received)

Well there is no hiding where mine came from. Bon Jovi of course.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cue
    Likes (Received)

I was looking for a good English name for her and couldn't come up with one that I liked. So I started to think about James Bond characters and thought of the character "Q". My boyfriend really likes short names so we decided we liked it but wanted to make it more feminine. So we named her Cue, which is also a reference to how round she was as a puppy. She's our "little" Cue Ball.
    Cue <3

Crazy Bulldog Lady Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Leesa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diesel & Molly (R.I.P. Madison 12/2013)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Diesel picked his own name I had never owned a male dog, always had females so when Diesel came into my life I went through SO many names ... Tonka (tonka truck) Dozer (he was just like a little bulldozer), TaTonka (means buffalo), Grizzly (he jumps like a grizzly bear when he plays), Kermit (he walked like a frog due to his week hips as a puppy), he would not respond to any of the names I came up with, then one day I was watching a Vin Diesel movie and my sweet puppy with no name did something wrong and I said Diesel you stop that! at the sound of Diesel he looked straight at me and came running wiggling in every direction, it was like he was saying you finally figured out my name ... so he picked his own name his nickname is Lil'Man since he was my first male dog and he is my lil'man

Molly came to me already named her official name is Miss Molly Doodles her nickname is doodlebug
    I suffer from "M.B.S." (Multiple Bulldog Syndrome)
    because one bulldog is NEVER enough!!

Doggie Boutique Owner MissWaddles13's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Pork Chop
    Likes (Received)

Pork chop is a rescue , I adopted her with a given name and registered. People know her by Pork Chop or Porkie. I call her Porkie or MissWaddles as a nickname. I have loads of nicknames Princess Porkie haha I love my girl so much.

She 's a great girl!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads