Recommendations for traveling in a car

tiffykay06

Dec 20, 2012
Oklahoma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Rumble Pig Peterson AKA Rumble
Sir Rumble Pig and I frequently run around town in my car and I have him attached with the seatbelt to his harness. We take trips to the pet store and vet with no problems. I would love to be able to have room for a kennel in my car since they are safer but I have a tiny Cobalt so it is not an option. I have a seat cover on my front seat but since Rumble is belted in the seatbelt has to be in front. Because of that he has chewed my seat belt. :sneaky2: Since it is only a Cobalt and I love him to death I do not care. My husband is buying a new car (kennel will still not fit) and we are planning a trip in May where Rumble will be riding in the backseat. My question is, how do I buy a seat protector, still buckle Rumble up, but not let him chew the seatbelts? I have looked into a hammack style seat cover for the back seat but I would still have problems with the seatbelts. Any ideas? Is there anything I can put on the seatbelt to protect it?

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
one word....no. Bullies will chew anything, it doesn't matter what it is, if it looks appealing them they are going to "taste" it. Try to find their favorite bone or toy that will keep them occupied. Mine love the raw marrow bones (the big ones with the hole in the middle) and once she gets the fat deposites out of them they are great to put peanut butter in. They will chew on them for hours and don't sliver (don't cook them), give the bone to them raw. Good luck.

Last edited:
OP
tiffykay06

tiffykay06

Dec 20, 2012
Oklahoma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Rumble Pig Peterson AKA Rumble
You can spray some Bitter Apple on the seat belt and hopefully that will deter Rumble from chewing on it.

Thank you for the advice and if Rumble was a normally bully this may work. However, Rumble has decided he likes the taste of Bitter Apple! :fie: He is a weirdo! He will lick anything we spray Bitter Apple with. Is there something like Bitter Apple but different we could try?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online