I think my bulldog is abnormally small....?????

erniesmom

Apr 14, 2013
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
ernie
Hi Everyone,
Ernie is my first bulldog so I am not sure if this is normal. He is almost 15 months and has no girth to him at all. I have always been careful with his amount of feed.(1 cup am and 1 cup pm) of Fromm. He is not skinny. Vet said he looks good. His waist and girth is more of a teeny tiny boxer with a bigger chest. is this normal or did I stunt him by not feeding him more?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I would not be overly concerned... they tend to grow OUT in the 2nd year. Can you post some pictures of him?

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
No worries; he will grow out. Amber didn't look large either and then just one day I weighted her and she is 59 pounds. He will grow. Ruby is a slim line model right now but she too will fill out.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I think if your vet says he looks healthy and great for his age then I wouldn't really worry about the weight. Like others have said, Ernie will fill out more as he gets older. My boy Finn is a bit "trimmer" for a bully also but my other one Tate is more stocky and could stand to lose a few pounds. But do post pics as we'd love to see Ernie :)

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
He is still a baby he will fill out more as he gets older ... my boy Diesel is the runt of his litter and my breeder said he is the smallest bulldog she has ever seen, he only weighs 37lbs and is considered small even for a female

004.jpgsamsung 002.jpg <<<these show how small he is.

OP
erniesmom

erniesmom

Apr 14, 2013
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
ernie
here he is...hope the pic attached....

Attachments

• erniepose.jpg
    erniepose.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 193

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
From that picture he looks good to me. I wouldn't be too worried about it if your vet thinks he looks good as well. My Harlea is only 38lbs at 10 months and she looks great.

Sharon Mitchel

Sep 5, 2013
Port Townsend, Washington, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charley, a 5 year old male
If your vet likes his weight I wouldn't worry either. Charley was 45 at 7 months when we got him. He's only 50-53 pounds now at 5 years old. He broadened through the shoulders the second year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pcchenard

Dec 31, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola McWigglebutt, Bruno (1996-2007)
Does anyone have a typical weight chart for Bulldogs (male and female) for how much the average bully weighs at each month of age as they are growing? My Lola is 19 weeks old today and only weighs 18 lbs. I'm guessing that she is small for her age? Her sister weighs 24 lbs. Does this mean that she will be a small adult or is there a chance that she will still get up to the 40 lb range? It doesn't really matter, but I'm curious.

OP
erniesmom

erniesmom

Apr 14, 2013
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
ernie
ok thanks you guys. I was worried that I stunted his growth by not feeding him enough. I have just been very careful on his amounts

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Does anyone have a typical weight chart for Bulldogs (male and female) for how much the average bully weighs at each month of age as they are growing? My Lola is 19 weeks old today and only weighs 18 lbs. I'm guessing that she is small for her age? Her sister weighs 24 lbs. Does this mean that she will be a small adult or is there a chance that she will still get up to the 40 lb range? It doesn't really matter, but I'm curious.

they are all different and really no real growth chart that I am aware of.... heck Cheryl (@libra916) has Orion who at 40lbs sure packs a good punch in personality.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

I agree with [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION], I've scoured the web and have read to many books on Bully's and all of the charts differ so much, this is was thread that was started that gives you a pretty good average in my opinion: http://www.englishbulldognews.com/f...ulldog-s-Age-and-Weight-(8-weeks-to-10-years)

The AKC have their averages too.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.