Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jealous! My Bulldog is too friendly to strangers! - Have you experienced the same?

Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maruko
    Likes (Received)

Lightbulb Jealous! My Bulldog is too friendly to strangers! - Have you experienced the same?

My baby doesn't bark in general and loves new people! Every time she sees someone, she would stare at and move towards them. She wiggles her tail, runs in circles around new people and gives out kisses. She doesn't like to say bye to strangers and sometimes want to follow them back to their house.

I'm happy that she is friendly and gentle, but the thing is she RARELY does that to me or my fiance! Sometimes I get very jealous and wonder why she doesn't get all excited to see me

Have you experienced similar situation before?

Thank you!

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole

Nice to meet everyone! Wanna see more pictures of me? --> Please check out them @missmarukojiang via Instagram : ]

Doggie Boutique Owner Izzy's Mom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Michelle
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Izzy
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Jealous! My Bulldog is too friendly to strangers! - Have you experienced the same?

No, mine won't let people touch her. She is always weird out with everything that comes her direction. It takes her a while to let people touch her... at the dog park i just see people trying to pet her and she runs! She has always been like that.... she hates when the elevator door opens and people come out... it scares her!

My sunshine doesn’t come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog’s eyes.

The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Jealous! My Bulldog is too friendly to strangers! - Have you experienced the same?

My Harlea loves everyone. Unless we are in the house she is on her leash so she knows the drill when she meets new people. She will go nuts to get to new people and loves new pups as well. However, she does listen to me when i tell her enough so that will bring things to an end quickly if needed, but we don't have the problem you have as she has to be in our faces at all time as she wants so much loving.
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

agingermom's minion and cabana boy Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    jimmy
    Country
    Scotland .
    Bulldog(s) Names
    diesel - paisley & nula
    Likes (Received)

Me thinks it starts when bully's are pups, because there are soooo cute everyone who walks past a bully pup needs to stop and stroke / give attention. When puppy's grow up they keep the same mind set ( with the added fact bully's only get cuter with age )

Real Name
    Michele
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Barkley and Pippen
    Likes (Received)

Barkley is the same way! He loves everybody and every dog he meets! When we go to the park, he doesn't pay any attention to us and runs over to say hi to every other dog and person there. He always tries to leave with other people too haha.

When we have friends at our house, he gets so obsessed with them and just acts like me and my husband aren't even there! I think he just likes new people/things because if we have a few people over, it's always the last person to get there that he will be obsessed with and not leave alone.

He does get excited to see us and want to play with us, but a lot of the time when it's just us, he will want to do his own thing too. But if other people are there he doesn't calm down and leave them alone until they're gone. It doesn't bother me, I figure he sees us so much and just likes getting attention from new and different people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I agree with Michele above, I think they just like to get attention from new and different people that they don't often see. Buster does this same thing to us every once in a while too when we see new people and I used to think that but then realized he's just a young bully that LOVES attention.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

they just LOVE people and attention.... Banks forgets all about us when children or babies are around... she just LOVES LOVES, LOVES kids
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

My pup does the same thing and it drives my boyfriend and I crazy!! We get super jealous when Lola does that and it makes us think we're doing something wrong and she doesn't love us. But when one of us leaves for a few hours and comes home, she does the wiggle butt and gives kisses!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Howie
    Likes (Received)

I was like that when he was a puppy but I got used to his behaviour as he grows older. New smell (new people) and very curious. I read someway that don't expect your EB to be a watchdog. He's most likely to welcome the burglar to the house and runaway with him. And also don't expect them to be faithful to one person.

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chubby
    Likes (Received)

@Maruko...Chubby is very friendly with strangers but he doesn't get out much because he still needs some of his shots...Do you spend a lot of time with her? Most of the time Chubby is very affectionate but sometimes he just wants to play ruff and bite...so it's hit or miss with the lovin?
    Chubby ♡

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Charley, a 5 year old male
    Likes (Received)

Everybody loves Charley. Other dogs, not so much. Fortunately, he loves the attention. He's a horrible watchdog!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rambo
    Likes (Received)

Rambo still being young is learning. The one thing is getting gas. Here in Oregon you can not pump your own and most of them carry treats for the dogs. And Rambo has learned to work it he gets 3 or more. But at home if someone walks by he lets us know once they are allowed in then its but wiggle and pet me pet me. He learned that from my Jacks I am sure. But the watch dog thing, I posted a thing about the history of the bulldogs. It says that if they sense that one of their families are getting hurt they would protect. And I am sure there are exceptions.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads