Jealous! My Bulldog is too friendly to strangers! - Have you experienced the same?

OP
Maruko

Maruko

Feb 24, 2014
Dallas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Maruko
I have never met a bulldog that doesn't love everyone and the attention it brings them :) My little Diesel is a total mommies boy and he is somewhat stand-offish with strangers but will let them pet him as long as I am close by ... My female Molly I use to think would wander off with anyone that showed her attention as she loves everyone, but I found out later that petting is as far as she will let them go :lol: once a stranger tried to pick her up, she peed all over them :eek: she ran back to me as fast as her short little legs could carry her. Guard dogs they are not :lol: mine would probably invite a robber in and show them where I keep the good stuff :lol: but if they think I'm being hurt they get all protective in their own little way.

wow very protective! I just got mine for one month, I figured it still needs time for her to learn how to listen to me. It's so interesting to read different reactions of everyone's bulldogs! Thank you!

OP
Maruko

Maruko

Feb 24, 2014
Dallas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Maruko
No, mine won't let people touch her. She is always weird out with everything that comes her direction. It takes her a while to let people touch her... at the dog park i just see people trying to pet her and she runs! She has always been like that.... she hates when the elevator door opens and people come out... it scares her!

That is so funny and cute: ) I'm picturing her reaction as the elevator door opens!

OP
Maruko

Maruko

Feb 24, 2014
Dallas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Maruko
My pup does the same thing and it drives my boyfriend and I crazy!! We get super jealous when Lola does that and it makes us think we're doing something wrong and she doesn't love us. But when one of us leaves for a few hours and comes home, she does the wiggle butt and gives kisses!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:whew: Good to know I'm not alone, I always get home first, she would wiggle when I opens the crate, but as soon as she gets out, she goes straight to her water bowl, after that she is just calm. Never kisses to me. But when my fiance later returns she gets very excited!

hahaha

MARY BARNES

Aug 27, 2013
Country
CANADA
Bulldog(s) Names
ELLIE 2013-2017....Rocky RIP (2005-2013)
Ellie loves everyone too... wiggles her bottom so hard her whole body shakes ....She would go home with anyone I think..
They are just social butterflies...

OP
Maruko

Maruko

Feb 24, 2014
Dallas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Maruko
I was like that when he was a puppy but I got used to his behaviour as he grows older. New smell (new people) and very curious. I read someway that don't expect your EB to be a watchdog. He's most likely to welcome the burglar to the house and runaway with him. And also don't expect them to be faithful to one person.

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: They would probably welcome the burglar and runaway!! A bit sad to know this tho, it's a lot of love and time devoted to take care of bullies, I know for sure she loves me, but I guess love couldn't be equalized. :p She brought so much happiness into this family already! I'm obsessed to my bully : )

OP
Maruko

Maruko

Feb 24, 2014
Dallas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Maruko
Thank you all for sharing all these info! ! It certainly helped me to feel better and understand a bit better in EB's behavior : )

OP
Maruko

Maruko

Feb 24, 2014
Dallas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Maruko
@Maruko...Chubby is very friendly with strangers but he doesn't get out much because he still needs some of his shots...Do you spend a lot of time with her? Most of the time Chubby is very affectionate but sometimes he just wants to play ruff and bite...so it's hit or miss with the lovin?:)

Maruko just finished her shots, so she just started to go out and meet human and other dogs : ) I guess everything is so new she gets overly excited and curious. I just need to get used to her behavior I guess :yes4:

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
Both mine love any attention and duchess actually walks up to strangers and tries nudging them until they pet her- she especially does this on the elevators in my building

Chubby

Feb 20, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubby
[MENTION=11215]Maruko[/MENTION]...everything is so new for me too...♡She will get used to you and your routine♡

Chubby♡

Camila bubba

Feb 25, 2014
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Bubba
Bubba is super friendly.. Goes and gives everybody his belly. I know he loves me but is not as noticible with me. Its very normal...
Maruko loves you its just that new people are exciting to them.

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
Meeko is the same he adores everyone and everything and gets sooo excited - so much so I dont allow him off the lead because he doesnt leave other people and other dogs alone and not all dogs appreciate his nosey-ness! After a lot of training he 9/10 times walks past people on a lead when commandin him and we are working on ignoring other dogs - hes strugglin a bit with this task! X

Christoff Strutten

Mar 13, 2014
Virginia Beach
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiberius Jefferson Kirkpacktrick
Tiberius is the same way. He loves people, anyone at any time. If someone came to my house to take him he would gladly go with them and smile the whole way to his new home lol. Oddly enough, he especially goes nuts for tall people, its weird but I have a few friends that are 6'5"+ and those people are his favorite people by far. He doesn't like low tree branches, he barks at them and runs away, then slowly walks up to them again, barks at them, and runs away again.

IPickedADaisy

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Apr 11, 2013
CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy Mae Hambone & Roscoe Pee Hambone (RIP)
Daisy believes every person and dog on this earth is specifically here to pay attention to her. Sorry—totally not an exaggeration. She walks great on the leash & is good about staying close—until someone makes eye contact. We practice sitting just inside the front door of Petsmart & letting people & dogs walk past us while she watches. Sometimes it’s tough but it has helped her a lot.

OP
Maruko

Maruko

Feb 24, 2014
Dallas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Maruko
Thank you [MENTION=8562]IPickedADaisy[/MENTION] [MENTION=6330]MeekosMummy[/MENTION] @camilabubba for sharing :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.