Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jealous! My Bulldog is too friendly to strangers! - Have you experienced the same?

Country
    Usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bubba
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Jealous! My Bulldog is too friendly to strangers! - Have you experienced the same?

Bubba is super friendly.. Goes and gives everybody his belly. I know he loves me but is not as noticible with me. Its very normal...
    Maruko loves you its just that new people are exciting to them.

Real Name
    Tasha
    Country
    Wales
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Meeko
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Jealous! My Bulldog is too friendly to strangers! - Have you experienced the same?

Meeko is the same he adores everyone and everything and gets sooo excited - so much so I dont allow him off the lead because he doesnt leave other people and other dogs alone and not all dogs appreciate his nosey-ness! After a lot of training he 9/10 times walks past people on a lead when commandin him and we are working on ignoring other dogs - hes strugglin a bit with this task! X
    Xx.Demari-Jay & Meeko.xX

Real Name
    Chris
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tiberius Jefferson Kirkpacktrick
    Likes (Received)

Tiberius is the same way. He loves people, anyone at any time. If someone came to my house to take him he would gladly go with them and smile the whole way to his new home lol. Oddly enough, he especially goes nuts for tall people, its weird but I have a few friends that are 6'5"+ and those people are his favorite people by far. He doesn't like low tree branches, he barks at them and runs away, then slowly walks up to them again, barks at them, and runs away again.

Crazy Bulldog Lady IPickedADaisy's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Daisy Mae Hambone & Roscoe Pee Hambone (RIP)
    Likes (Received)

Daisy believes every person and dog on this earth is specifically here to pay attention to her. Sorry—totally not an exaggeration. She walks great on the leash & is good about staying close—until someone makes eye contact. We practice sitting just inside the front door of Petsmart & letting people & dogs walk past us while she watches. Sometimes it’s tough but it has helped her a lot.

Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maruko
    Likes (Received)

Thank you @IPickedADaisy @MeekosMummy @camilabubba for sharing

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole

Nice to meet everyone! Wanna see more pictures of me? --> Please check out them @missmarukojiang via Instagram : ]

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Charley, a 5 year old male
    Likes (Received)

@IPickedADaisy good idea. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Leonidas
    Likes (Received)

@MeekosMummy, how did u train your dog to ignore people/dogs? I would like to give it a try. Leo loves getting attention from everyone when he's out and about.

Real Name
    Tasha
    Country
    Wales
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Meeko
    Likes (Received)

Hes not treat enthusiastic when hes out on the lead so it wasnt easy but he knows simple commands like sit wait walk etc. When he knew these really well I would make him sit wait walk (when people/dogs were not around at first randomly just make him sit or if hes by a road make him sit and wait) praise when he does the commands or if Leo likes treats give him a little treat. This is all to get him to pay good attention to you when you want him to and to listen outside as well as at home.

I then put this to the test when people were walking towards us I made him sit wait until the person walked past constantly telling him sit wait stay there wait good boy wait etc.. then walk again. If he goes to move give the AH AH sound (or the sound you use when Leo goes to do something he is not supposed to!!) And repeatedly tell him to sit and wait sounding stern amd serious cos your the boss

its not a life changing training technique but its worked for us. You have to become really unsociable for a little while when your doing this dont stop and speak to people and walk past explaining hes on strict training and sorry they cant fuss him today. After a few days meeko picked it up well and he just started ignoring people. He still gets excited when people make a fuss of him outside but in general walks are easier. Im using the same techniques with dogs now hoping it works - hes getting better in he has started to sniff and walk but sometimes he just cant help himself especially if the other dog is happy to see him.
    Xx.Demari-Jay & Meeko.xX

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads