Interdigital cysts

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
Hola peoples....
2 weeks ago i woke up to jameson having a interdigital cyst...i started treating it and it got smaller...then i missed a day and it blew up...started treating again and it is now small...looks look a large zit honestly...my question is will this cause him to limp a lot? He is favoring that front paw severely?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
hey lady --- how goes it!?

Yes, they are very painful for them.... epsom salt soaks and you may want to think about the food he is on. Even thought it was good for him all this time, something in him changed

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Ruthie has one right now too, she's never had one before. I have been using the epsom salt soaks and malecetic wipes. Seems to be doing good. I'll keep up with it until it's gone.

OP
nyerathrt

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
it is going well thanks

yeah i have been putting stuff on it at night and putting a sock over it...it is much better but he limps like he is dying....it is much better than it was...i've been trying to avoid a trip to the vet...no time...hahaha...i don't think it was the food i think it is a new treat he has been getting...

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Maximus has interdigital cysts between all toes on all four paws ----- I have tried soaks, but he does not cooperate and it is impossible to get him to soak his paws in epsom salts, so that is out of the question - I have tried Vetericyn, but that has not worked despite repeated use. The only thing that brings the swelling down on the cysts for Max is antibiotic therapy - currently he is on Cefpodoxime prescribed by his Vet.

OP
nyerathrt

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
i think i will take him monday...it is down to the size of a zit but it still bothers him....i tried soaking and that went over about as well as can be expected...i think he lasted 4 seconds

Carol Baker

Mar 13, 2014
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlow, Gus
Harlow gets one or two if there is a change in her diet. A change back and they start to clear up fairly quickly. In the meantime I spray Bactine or doggie hydrocortisone on them.

littlebopeep

Mar 24, 2014
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximilian Little Bopeep (BoBo)
Hello everyone. I am new here and found this site because I was searching for an issue with my bulldog and inter-digital cyst. She was treated with anti-inflamatories and anti-biotics which resulted in the swelling going down. But just this morning I noticed her toes were swollen again. We had her to vet who suggested surgery, don't like that idea. I would like to put her back on the medications to get it under control but then what? What does one do to continue treatment after the medications are done? Am I missing something here? We have adjusted her food to Nutro Less ingredient, fish and potato at the suggestion of vet. Can anyone relate their experiences with foods for bully brand flavor etc.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.