What is this? skin irritation

KarenP

May 3, 2013
PEI
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia
I just noticed this last night on Mia's upper front leg. It's a little bumpy. It seems worse tonight. It looks worse on the picture!I just put polysporen on it that's why it looks shiny. She's not itching it and it doesn't seem to bother her. Not sure if it's hot spot. I do notice the inside of her paw pads are really pink and she's been licking her paws a little lately.
Any ideas??
20140308_203527-1.jpg 20140308_203527.jpg

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
I haven't seen anything like this, but let me tag some other members. [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Not sure what it is. I would wash it with antibacterial soap and put some Neosporin on it and see it that helps.

satch1151

Dec 18, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rambo
My Jack gets something like that and we think it might be some of the weeds. The ones that have little thorns on them. We took her to the vet. We put some cream on it but takes longer because she licks it off.
eze3yje3.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

satch1151

Dec 18, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rambo
Ps it looks worse then it is the vet said lol

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Doesn't look like a hotspot .... [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] any idea Lynn?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Not quite sure what it is-but I know Nu Stock would take care of it.

OP
KarenP

KarenP

May 3, 2013
PEI
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia
Not quite sure what it is-but I know Nu Stock would take care of it.

Thx everyone! I had to Google it :whistle: I'll see if I can get locally. If not, I'll definitely be ordering that! It does seems to look a little better today though.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
If you get Nu Stock, you have to squeeze the tube and try to mix the contents, because it separates. It used to come in a jar, which was easy to mix. It is good for just about everything! It's been around for many years. Horse supplies usually have it.

BodiesMom

Feb 18, 2014
Eastern NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bodie
Satch1151, that spot looks exactly like the spots Bodie gets. However he get them all over his body. That's what they look like when they are "new". Bodie's sores are bacterial infections from his allergies...he actually has some new ones, ill try to get pics and post, if he'll let me!!

BullyLove!!!

gabrielsbulldogs

Oct 26, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
oX,RIP Monroe, and Tonka
My boy oX got two of those during the weekend and I also don't know what they are. I've compared them to hotspots and they look very similar. Let me know if you find out what they are PLEASE it's driving me crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BodiesMom

Feb 18, 2014
Eastern NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bodie
Bodie had impetigo when he was only 8 weeks old on his belly above his privates. This was before we were informed that we were going to have to clean him after he went pee and poop because the bullies spine doesn't bend, they can't clean themselves like most other breeds. Anyway, I remember it just looking like a rash, small tiny red bumps, welt-like marks in close nit area. I don't think that's what this spot your baby has is.

BullyLove!!!

BodiesMom

Feb 18, 2014
Eastern NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bodie
My Jack gets something like that and we think it might be some of the weeds. The ones that have little thorns on them. We took her to the vet. We put some cream on it but takes longer because she licks it off.
eze3yje3.jpg

Bodie gets sores like the one your Jack gets, but he doesn't just get 1, he gets them ALL over. It's bacterial infections from allergies, at least that's what many vets have said...
y2uzejym.jpg
8u7a2ymy.jpg

This is actually what his back looks like right now...sooo terrible
zuvy9uzu.jpg
amutu6ep.jpg

BullyLove!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Bodie gets sores like the one your Jack gets, but he doesn't just get 1, he gets them ALL over. It's bacterial infections from allergies, at least that's what many vets have said...
y2uzejym.jpg
8u7a2ymy.jpg

This is actually what his back looks like right now...sooo terrible
zuvy9uzu.jpg
amutu6ep.jpg

BullyLove!!!

OMG... your poor baby! What is he allergic to that is causing that? Is it painful or itchy?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.