Real Name
    Toni
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bodie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: What is this? skin irritation

Bodie had impetigo when he was only 8 weeks old on his belly above his privates. This was before we were informed that we were going to have to clean him after he went pee and poop because the bullies spine doesn't bend, they can't clean themselves like most other breeds. Anyway, I remember it just looking like a rash, small tiny red bumps, welt-like marks in close nit area. I don't think that's what this spot your baby has is.

BullyLove!!!
    You'll never know true, unconditional love and loyalty until you own a Bully! A smooshy-face, full of wrinkles, slobber mouthed, stinky Bully!!!

Real Name
    Toni
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bodie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by satch1151 View Post
    My Jack gets something like that and we think it might be some of the weeds. The ones that have little thorns on them. We took her to the vet. We put some cream on it but takes longer because she licks it off.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk
    Bodie gets sores like the one your Jack gets, but he doesn't just get 1, he gets them ALL over. It's bacterial infections from allergies, at least that's what many vets have said...
    This is actually what his back looks like right now...sooo terrible

BullyLove!!!
    You'll never know true, unconditional love and loyalty until you own a Bully! A smooshy-face, full of wrinkles, slobber mouthed, stinky Bully!!!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BodiesMom View Post
    Bodie gets sores like the one your Jack gets, but he doesn't just get 1, he gets them ALL over. It's bacterial infections from allergies, at least that's what many vets have said...
    This is actually what his back looks like right now...sooo terrible

BullyLove!!!
    OMG... your poor baby! What is he allergic to that is causing that? Is it painful or itchy?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rambo
    Likes (Received)

Weird I am going to take her back she gets them all over her legs and stomach he thought it was from plants in our yard.

Real Name
    Toni
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bodie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by satch1151 View Post
    Weird I am going to take her back she gets them all over her legs and stomach he thought it was from plants in our yard.

It might be that she's allergic to the grass in your yard? Who knows? It's hard because one vet will tell u one thing and another vet will tell u the complete opposite. I'm at the point where I don't know who to believe! Idk if the vets are just making guesses or if what I'm being told has been proven, all we want is for our bullies to be healthy and to be able to give them the best lives that we can! And when we're put in situations, like with my Bodie, I get so incredibly frustrated as to why nobody can tell me how to fix him. It's just too difficult for one to understand...
    Hopefully your baby doesn't have all the allergy issues that Bodie does and "fingers crossed" that the sores just look a lot alike and aren't the same thing!! Prayers!!

BullyLove!!!

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Charley, a 5 year old male
    Likes (Received)

One of our girls kept getting large sores like this. Lots of vet visits. When we moved and no longer had junipers for her to climb under, she stopped getting them; 100% cured. Don't know if that is your situation, but worth looking at preferred plants in the yard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads