Leaving my baby for the first time, how do I deal with the Mommy guilt?

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
I am packing today to go to a convention next week (Monday through Thursday) and I am just so worried that Bocephus will think I've given him away.
He will be staying with a friend and have a sweet mastiff to play with the whole time, but I feel so guilty.

Tell me it's normal

I have it set up so I can skype with him every night.

bulldog withdrawals.......

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
It's "normal" for us bulldog parents, I'd say! I feel guilty when I have to go grocery shopping on a Saturday and leave them alone at home. :w00t:

I think skyping with Bocephus will be great! and the time will go by so fast and it sounds like he will have fun with his playmate.

OP
Bulldozersma

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Oh thank you Cali. I am going to cry when I drop him off like I did when my son went to college! So glad I have you all that understands

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
It is definitely normal. Keep positive thoughts and all will be ok and he will be super excited to see you when you pick him up.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Very normal, the first time I left Vegas I went out of the country!!! It wrecked my whole week.!!! As we all know, NO ONE can take care of our babies like WE do......... but Vegas was fine .....and so glad to see us when we got home. At least he will have company to wear him out!

OP
Bulldozersma

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I know he'll have a ball! I think I'm just worried he will think I abandoned him, I just keep spending all my time today telling him "Momma loves you and will come back for you".
I always had my other bullies stay home with a sitter so this new for me. I think my friends are going to just spoil him all week. Can't believe I am dreading a week in Las Vegas haha.

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Bulldog withdrawal is soooooooooo right.... he will be fine and play all day! you can ask your friends to Skype you at night :D

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Perfectly normal to feel this way. It is always hard leaving our babies.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww I know how you feel, we had to board our guys when we went to Jamaica last April. I missed them everyday, but they were spoiled and were fine. I think it's harder on us. As long as you trust the people looking after him, and it sounds like he has good company to play with, he will be fine, and will be extra excited to see you when you come back. Enjoy your trip.

OP
Bulldozersma

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dropped off the baby, I cried like a baby.
just got a pic from my sitters, Bocephus and the Mastiff are bonding already.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 123

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Dropped off the baby, I cried like a baby.
just got a pic from my sitters, Bocephus and the Mastiff are bonding already.

Ah, such a sweet photo.... I would have bald like a baby too :hug:

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
It is totally 100% ABNORMAL to not be sad when we have to leave our babies ... but must say that is a great picture of the two and made me smile to see he has to stand to rest his head on the mastiff :lol: they are huge! To get over the guilt you must over spend on toys and treats for when you get home :lol:

:whut?: is that not normal?!? :LMAO:

Chubby

Feb 20, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubby
[MENTION=5523]Bulldozersma[/MENTION]...that is a cute pic...He seems to be in good hands or shall I say paws♡

Chubby♡

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Enjoy your trip. Bocephus will be fine. It is harder on us than it is for them. He is going to have a ball.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
I'm wondering the same thing... I'm going home to visit my parents for two weeks in June and I'm stressing already:( and I don't even leave my babies to someone, they just stay home with my husband:eek: It's bad that I can't even relax leaving them with him in our own home:ashamed: I'm trying not to nag him about stuff, but trust me, there will be lots of notes and directions written down on paper left all around the house, lol. I don't have any suggestions on how to get over it, other than that it does feel better after a day or two when you hear that they're doing good:)

You'll be home with him again before you know it and he will be SUPER happy to see you:w00t: The best part about leaving is the greeting you get when coming home<3

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.