Shaker can

Sophatp

Feb 2, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leonidas
I decided to make a quick shaker can today for Leo as he has a tendency to bite my toes and bark when I'm sitting on the couch. After two uses this morning, I have to say it works wonders in getting him to stop doing behaviors I do not want him to. I can just pretend to reach for the can now w/o actually using it and he'll stop whatever he's doing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 161

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Cool, glad it is working. I have used them before and they do work pretty well.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
They do work well I agree, he looks so cute in that picture. His expression tell the whole story!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I wish it worked with Harlea. The sound doesn't deter her at all. lol

OP
Sophatp

Sophatp

Feb 2, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leonidas
He wouldn't come near me for this pic, because he knows the can.

OP
Sophatp

Sophatp

Feb 2, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leonidas
@ Marine, wow, what do you use then to deter unwanted behavior? I was thinking of getting a whistle in case he got use to the can, but so far so good.

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
haha thats hilarious! Just started today using a spray bottle on the mist setting for my Jovi tries to snatch bellas food (shes allergic) And she runs and hides for about a half hour after I spray her. Havnt seen her go near it yet. Im hoping it worked lol but i feel so bad shes so terrified of it. I have no idea why

OP
Sophatp

Sophatp

Feb 2, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leonidas
[MENTION=164]APRIL[/MENTION], I was going to buy a spray bottle as well, but the shaker can cost me ten cents to make ( pennies in the can). Have you tried the can? Leo just stops what he's doing but doesn't run and cower.

Ladylowery2005

Jan 6, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Major Payne
I decided to make a quick shaker can today for Leo as he has a tendency to bite my toes and bark when I'm sitting on the couch. After two uses this morning, I have to say it works wonders in getting him to stop doing behaviors I do not want him to. I can just pretend to reach for the can now w/o actually using it and he'll stop whatever he's doing.

I tried this and Major just barks and growls. I tried a squirt bottle and he just drank it. The vet told me to put a tad bit of apple cider vinegar and he barks at it. Argh ...any other ideas? Ps glad it works for for your baby tho it's a great idea. Major is just stubborn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
@ Marine, wow, what do you use then to deter unwanted behavior? I was thinking of getting a whistle in case he got use to the can, but so far so good.

For me all I have to do is look at her and she stops in her tracks. Everyone else has to use the can of compressed air.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
They learn quick ---- when they want to :D

OP
Sophatp

Sophatp

Feb 2, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leonidas
Yes. He has calmed down a lot.

IPickedADaisy

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Apr 11, 2013
CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy Mae Hambone & Roscoe Pee Hambone (RIP)
The can works wonders for Daisy. All i have to do is look over at it when she's misbehaving and she'll stop. If we're in another room I just say I'm gonna get the can & she stops. She absolutley hates it.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.