Bulldog walks

satch1151

Dec 18, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rambo
What is a good distance to walk my Rambo without over doing it?

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
I think that depends on you and Rambo. I take Brie out for about 15 to 20 min, the toad we walk on is really hilly and I would say equivalent to about 8 city blocks in total. But, when it is really hot or humid, I cut it down to half that, even less of Beie seems to be having any kind of difficulty. If Rambo starts breathing really heavily n closing down, I would stop and shorten the walk. Does that make sense? What I've seen w her is that she won't stop necessarily if she starts to overheat. So I think we have to watch for any signs. Just my thoughts :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
as Lisa stated... it depends on your Bulldog, the temperature and the road/trail/walkway you are on.... I usually keep it about 15 mins

luvmybully

May 19, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
We go for a brisk 30-45 min walk everyday, sometimes even two! We started out just going around the block, and then we just kept going a bit longer. It really helps get the energy out!! And Tucker loves his "walkies".

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
It really depends on the bully and how hot it is. If it is hot outside I wouldn't even go for a walk. Here it get hot in the summer, so if we do go for a walk it is early morning or late evening and not very far at all.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.