Prolonged sleeping

KishiD

Feb 8, 2014
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocky
My Rocky slept nearly all day in his crate today. He's normally quite active so I'm a little bit worried about this. He's 3 months so very much a spirited pup normally.

He doesn't appear ill - just very sleepy.

I'm hoping he'll perk up tonight, but was wondering if it's normal for a Bully to sleep that much? I know they are languid dogs - but is this a bit much?

Thanks x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
when I got jovi at 15 weeks the day I got her she slept the ENTIRE car ride home, that is 5 1/2 hours and then when we got home we played with her for only an hour or so and went to bed and she slept until 1 in the afternoon (we went to bed around 12) and then a few days she would be realllllyyy active but then some days she would sleep what seemed the entire day. She now sleeps normal times and only naps if we leave or if were home then twice a day.

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
At 3 months they need all the rest they can get as they so so quickly it's very tiring and strenuous on them.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sleep is a bulldog's favorite thing and a bully puppy, they need lots of sleep while growing. as long as he is normal while awake, i would not worry too much

OP
KishiD

KishiD

Feb 8, 2014
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocky
Thanks all. That makes me feel better! It was actually nice to have some peace :) he's fine tonight so think it was just one of those days!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nadine

Nov 27, 2013
Could be like kids and they need lots of sleep

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

OP
KishiD

KishiD

Feb 8, 2014
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names