xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
Okay, so as we all do... We buy LOTS of toys when bringing home our new pups. So I did. However after today... we have TWO LEFT. Jovi has destroyed all of these toys. I need some durable toy suggestions. Now, I know KONG is a great brand for this.. but boy can that be pricey. I see on here that the rope toys are bad for dogs... but jovi LOVES to play tug a war with my chihuahua with these and now we dont have any because I took them away. Now I feel like they cant really play together.... Any suggestions?

OP
xxaprilrose

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
IMG_6186.jpg

i guess they can play like this :lmaogirl:

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
Molly and Kevin play 'Tug of war' all the time.. even though we don't buy them 'tug' toys!

Socks
Underwear
Shoes
iPhone charging cords (w/phones attached)
TV Remotes

If its not bolted down... its a tug toy. Now that the weather is nice when they get 'tuggie' we put them outside... and they use

Tree branches
Patio Furniture
Patio Rugs
Neighbor Kids
.. etc

Luckily they don't have any dominance issues (yet) with each other, but i feel your pain.

OP
xxaprilrose

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
Molly and Kevin play 'Tug of war' all the time.. even though we don't buy them 'tug' toys!

Socks
Underwear
Shoes
iPhone charging cords (w/phones attached)
TV Remotes

If its not bolted down... its a tug toy. Now that the weather is nice when they get 'tuggie' we put them outside... and they use

Tree branches
Patio Furniture
Patio Rugs
Neighbor Kids
.. etc

Luckily they don't have any dominance issues (yet) with each other, but i feel your pain.

haha oh boy! :ROFL: maybe that is why she has been trying to chew everything in sight. she is usually pretty good. But today she has already tried chewing up her daddys shoes, the door mat, bella (our other dogs) bed, She has destroyed 3 toys alone today, my laptop charger, And also my bra :( She usually will just try and test us and when we say NO she stops but today she just looks at me and keeps chewing. Im not understanding her mischievous attitude today lol

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
We've had really good luck with Nylabones and Fat Cat dog toys. Buster is a shark and he loves them!

Bella and Dozers Dad

Community Veteran
Feb 2, 2014
Clayton, NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dozer and Koda

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Marrow bones, deer antlers, Nylabones, Kongs are the best that last..... the ones she loves are squeaky plastic balls

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
I cut up a long sleeve shirt with a stain. Tied knots from the arms for one and wide strips from the front and back for another. Henry doesn't like it as much as the rope toys but he will do anything for attention. I still let him have the ropes. He loves them and doesn't chew them really. Just plays tug and carries them around proudly.

TRubble1

Mar 5, 2014
Yes Nylabones, Kong toys and deer antlers. Rubble will rip a stuffed baby up pretty fast. As well as anything else he can find laying around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
There are some hard rubber rings that mine love to play tug with.

Sophatp

Feb 2, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leonidas
Leo loves playing/fetching with a hand towel that soak and freeze. I have a few in the freezer so when one melts I can get another one for him to play with. It helps with his teething too ATM.

ZuleikaD

Mar 3, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tallulah
I have a Bionic bone that's really durable. Bionic makes several toys out of this indestructible plastic formula they invented after getting frustrated with their dog destroying everything. I got mine a local independent pet shop, but I saw them at PetCo and on Amazon. They're neon orange, so you can't miss them.

My vet said she doesn't recommend real bones for EBs because they can bite off chunks and swallow them, because their jaws are so strong. I've been thinking about an antler, but I'm worried she might break a tooth.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Okay, so as we all do... We buy LOTS of toys when bringing home our new pups. So I did. However after today... we have TWO LEFT. Jovi has destroyed all of these toys. I need some durable toy suggestions. Now, I know KONG is a great brand for this.. but boy can that be pricey. I see on here that the rope toys are bad for dogs... but jovi LOVES to play tug a war with my chihuahua with these and now we dont have any because I took them away. Now I feel like they cant really play together.... Any suggestions?

Some of my favorites are ...

31689.jpgaction__68152_zoom.jpgbig__11503_zoom.jpgnubs__30288_zoom.jpg

JB-both-small-300x292.pngjolly-football.pngromp-n-roll.jpgtug-n-toss.jpg

the Jolly Ball toys have been great with my crew (and long lasting!) the Nylabone have been great as well and stand up well to strong chewers. Diesel loves rope toys and I still let him play with them as long as I'm in the room watching him but I put them up if I can't supervise his chewing, he can and will shred them if not supervised.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Absolutely the "Running Egg"...Just got two for my boys and they're the size that they don't fit in to their mouths and they bounce arond the way that it is a great exercse as well. Not in the house though...That will cause other things to break.

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
We have nylabones, Kong's, elk antlers, stuffed toys, and this big turkey leg don't remember who makes it. BUT he rarely chews any of it. He prefers the girls toys, plastic hangers, laundry basket, cardboard boxes, shoes. Actually anything plastic he loves! So if you find something your dog LOVES fill me in :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online