Bottom Jaw Chattering?

• Thread starter Baxter Tiberius
  • Start date
B

Baxter Tiberius

Do any of you see your dog's bottom jaw chattering sometimes, exactly like when our teeth chatter when we are cold?

Baxter will sometimes shove his nose into a rug and sniff it really hard then lift his head up and his bottom jaw is just going crazy, shaking over and over.

I would think neurological, except that maybe its just related to the sniffing "dynamic"

But he just walked up to me now, looked at me, and his bottom jaw started going crazy again, teeth chattering.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Banks does this at times too... No idea why, but what I have done is place my index finger on her lower teeth and slightly push down, and it stops.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Maude does this, and it seems to be when she has something on her mind. She comes over to me-with a plan(she usually has a plan......) and chatters her teeth. I just though it was her way of trying to tell me! ha!ha!:) I just figured it was a habit of hers, as it is just occasionally.

Nicolette Bostock

Sep 22, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Teddy and Cooper
My cooper does this too. I just added it to the long list of quirky things he does. Glad to see we aren't the only ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B

Baxter Tiberius

She comes over to me-with a plan(she usually has a plan......) and chatters her teeth. I just though it was her way of trying to tell me! ha!ha!:) I just figured it was a habit of hers, as it is just occasionally.

LOL! Comes over with a plan. That made me laugh :) Its true. This time he did not shove his face into a rug, he was starving. It was pushing 11am and we hadn't had breakfast yet.

He walked up to me at my desk and started chattering.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
AH HA!!! Baxter's " The plan"..........................:cooking::yeah:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online