Microchipping, Is It a Good Idea?

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
You people are scaring the ***** out of me.
I guess I'm paranoid. With his luck, the chip won't stay where it should and we'll just have more problem.

Talk to your vet... ask to see the chip (its smaaaall)... do what you think is best.

Microchip_rfid_rice.jpg

Chip vs. Rice grain.

It sits right below the skin (not in deep)...

Heck.. Molly probably has Kevin baby-teeth implanted throughout her body deeper then her micro chip :)

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
If you do have a microchip, it is recommended you get your vet to scan every once in a while to make sure all is good with it eg rare cases they cannot read them or they have moved.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Micro chipping is absolutely NO big deal! I have done it so many times, and not had one problem! The registration cards comes with the chips.

agentbunny

Nov 2, 2013
San Francisco, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leo & Lola
Is there a universal place to register the microchip and if so where is it? I didn't know if there were several websites I would need to register with or if everyone just used the one?

Yes. Pet-Trac will register any brand of microchip for a 1 time fee of $20. They are the longest running microchip database and their readers are universal. The website is http://www.avidid.com/pettrac

agentbunny

Nov 2, 2013
San Francisco, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leo & Lola
You people are scaring the ***** out of me.
I guess I'm paranoid. With his luck, the chip won't stay where it should and we'll just have more problem.

I think there is more of a chance, statistically, of you losing your dog or getting it stolen than having a problem with the microchip being rejected or migrating. It's not that big of a deal and is really up to you. A tattoo would work too.

Members online

No members online now.