Microchips- ???? PLEASE HELP

traceylynn172

May 23, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver ,Maui, Cupcake ,Winter, EEyore, Piglet, Roo and Hana
I had all my pups done before they ever went to there new homes. None of them had any issues with being chipped and I prefer to d o it before they leave that way if they don't bother to transfer it at least I know they will get in touch with me if the dog gets lost.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I still haven't had it done but will when at the end of this month when it's time for his booster. [MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION] -my vet said it's just a shot, no anesthesia. Were you told different? Because there's no way I would Blue under just for a microchip.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
All it is is just like a shot. A tiny microchip in a syringe that they inject. No drugs.No big deal.

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
yeah I just got mine microchipped yesterday. I have never heard any bad reviews. She has been great since. Took 3 seconds to do it lol

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi blueberrys Mom and Sharon, no my vet didn't say they had to be under anesthetic for just a microchip insertion, and she would never do it just for that, and either would I, but she did recommend it being done while they were spayed and neutered, if they weren't already done. Both Dozer and Blossom were done by the breeder before I bought them, so I didn't have to microchip them. She does give them a local anesthetic for just a microchip insertion because it is painful to the dog, even though the microchip is the size of a grain of rice, they do use a 12 gauge needle to place it under the skin, and it is painful.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I have always had my dogs microchipped & never had an issue. With any pure bred dog you really need them chipped, many EB are stolen!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

agentbunny

Nov 2, 2013
San Francisco, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leo & Lola
Both my dogs were microchipped with no anesthetic or ill effect. The vet had them eating a treat as he did it and neither dog even noticed the shot. Now our tiny yorkie was another story and screamed like he was being murdered. Then again, he was only 2 lbs and 12 weeks old when we did it, so the needle was quite big for his size.
I don't think a big robust pup like an english bulldog with al that skin will have any problem tolerating a microchip injection. As far as the percentage of lost dogs being reunited with their owner, well lets put it this way: If the person who finds your dog takes them to the shelter, they will definitely reunite you with your dog. If the person that finds your dog decides to keep it, there is not much you can do.

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Rocco was micro chipped during neuter. No ill effects whatsoever.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

OP
paigeh79

paigeh79

Mar 1, 2014
Thank you all so much for your help. I feel better stoking going ahead and having it done but think I'm going to insist he gets a local anesthetic. If he "screams in pain" like the lil yorkie Id prolly end up in jail for attacking the Dr! Lol- if no one else has had any problems then hopefully the odds are in our favor! Ruckus & I Thank you all again ♡

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437 using Tapatalk

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
I doubt he will need local anesthetic for the shot. I watched all 3 of my dogs get microchipped and it is literally like giving the dog a vaccination. I totally get your concern though but numbing the area is probably a bit overboard for such a quick shot :)

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Thanks [MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION]
I spoke with my husband about it last night and we kept going back and forth with it. In the end, we decided not to do it just yet.

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
I had Kevin 'chipped' 2 weeks ago... He had more of a reaction to his last set of puppy shots then his chip (he got both at the same time).

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online