Zits

Camila bubba

Feb 25, 2014
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Bubba
Have u guys ever seen a bulldog have zits between his toes. My bulldog had a small red bump between his toes. He keeps licking it. Im taking him to the vet tuesday but im kind of curious if is something that i should be concern or maybe its just a zit. He is acting normal and his paws are not swollen or anything like that. He is licking the whole arm. Do u guys think is something bad??

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
First all of what food are you feeding
My best hit -it could hot spots -due to food or environmental allergies , but vet will be able to advise you as soon as he inspect them

OP
Camila bubba

Camila bubba

Feb 25, 2014
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Bubba
We change his diet when he had surgery. They open his nose and cut his elongated palate. We switched to can food (hills prescription) that the vet gave us. Now im feeding him his regular food. Purina puppy chow. Ive been feeding him that since i got him at 8 weeks he is 9 Months now. Maybe is time to change foods.

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Purines isn't the best food for your dog anyway , they can develop allergies at any time - I would start from food - to eliminate food allergies as a cause - as a general rule grain free , some bulldogs can be also allergic to chicken
vet mist likely prescribe steroids -it will stop and clear the redness -but as soon as you stop (and the course of allergy is unknown ) it will most likely come back . steroids in a long run are also not good as they thinning out the skin xx good luck with everything and I hope it will go well for you guys .
Forgot to add-make sure food transition is slow
on thee forum thee is a dog food rating thread so you can have a look at different food available with different star ratings ;-)

OP
Camila bubba

Camila bubba

Feb 25, 2014
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Bubba
Thank u i will im a new pet owner so im very ignorant when it comes to foods and allergies

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Have a look at this thread x it's very informative ;-) we all been there -not knowing what we feed our furbabies so it's understandable , once you have a read about the foods you will learn that lower quality food is basically like feeding big macs every day :-) any questions you might have we are all here for you xx

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
It could also be an interdigital cyst

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Have u guys ever seen a bulldog have zits between his toes. My bulldog had a small red bump between his toes. He keeps licking it. Im taking him to the vet tuesday but im kind of curious if is something that i should be concern or maybe its just a zit. He is acting normal and his paws are not swollen or anything like that. He is licking the whole arm. Do u guys think is something bad??

This doesnt sound like a zit, I agree with Lynn that it could be a cyst. Can you post some pics of it?

OP
Camila bubba

Camila bubba

Feb 25, 2014
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Bubba
Ill try to take one today. It is seems to be allergies because today is only pink is getting better and better

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Brutus had an interdigital cyst from food allergies. It cleared right up when we switched his food.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Between the toes is a cyst and they are due to allergies, get him on a better food chicken and grain free to start and you'll see improvements. Fromm, Earthborn, NVI are some that members have success with

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.