Help my Dog just swallowed bone

otisandkilo

Mar 1, 2014
My dog swallowed a whole cook chicken bone he did not even chew or anything, he just swallowed just like that, he didn't even taste it. When he saw me going to him and knew I was going to take it out of his mouth.

I try to make him vomit in the moment for 10min and he still was swallow in all the saliva and not letting me help him to vomit...

Before he swallow the whole chicken wing, had barely eaten normal regular food, I think maybe he might get it out later with the food he eat but I'm so worried about him

What can I do ?
uhe2ytu7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hopefully he will vomit it up on his own, it may actually be better that he didn't chew it since the ends are smooth (when the chew them the become sharp). I would certainly consult with your vet.

What a cute photo of him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What a great looking boy.... love those photos.

As Lisa stated.... good he did not chew it and cause it to be more of an issue. You should have the vet x-ray and see where the none is and if it can pass on its own

Good luck and please keep us posted

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Most of EBN knows this story, but my Bella swallowed a live baby bird. I called my vet in a panic, and he told me to watch her closely… a week later she threw it up. I agree w/the others that it's a good thing she didn't chew it up, those bones can be dangerous. I would still consult your vet, but this is a very common thing that all dogs will try to do unfortunately!!!

Camila bubba

Feb 25, 2014
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Bubba
My dogs swallows eveything. A couple of days later i find it in his poop. Last time he ate the tip of a laser pointer and the battery. i was freaking out so i took him to the vet right away and they made him vomit. Was not cheap but he is battery free now.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.