Those with more than 1 bullie....do they

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
Clean each others ears? Brodie loves loves licking Lola's ears. It is driving me insane watching it but Lola loves it! Also, what do you do when you KNOW one is getting on the others nerves. I don't want to put Brodie up but there are times I can tell Lola is wanting me to do something with him. She just gives this look and sometimes she growls :angry:at him, but he does not get that clue and keeps on and on.......Thanks!!

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Nope, no ear-licking here. I don't think Gertie and Ida ever get on each other's nerves, but when they're being wild and crazy, they get on my nerves. Then they go for a "Happy Nappy" (a nap in their crates). :up:

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
Just be happy they are just licking. It could be fighting like my dogs did!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
No ear licking here either. But there is plenty of home wrecking and toy stealing. Vegas loves to go into Orion's kennel (it's bigger than his) and steal all her blankets and stuff out of it. Orion does the same to Vegas's. She will pull his kennel pad out and drag it infront of the fire and sleep on it. Then Vegas will try and steal it back. They are on each other's nerves all the time. We simply send one of them upstairs. Usually their grandma is upstairs in the bonus room on the computer. Orion does well up there. She will pull her stinky bear onto the rocker and suck until she's content. Vegas...he's more of a pickle ( I know...you might be thinking "Vegas is more of a nuisance than O?) But yes, he will sit under the computer desk and demand attention from his grandma. He will grumble at her and swat at her until she comes downstairs.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Mine do this all the time - it's usually a sign there is an ear infection and can certainly exacerbate one so I would look in the ears to see whether or not you're seeing discharge, inflammation, or it stinks!

OP
2bulliefamily

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
[MENTION=860]jillh10[/MENTION] & everyone - - thanks! I checked her ears and do not see anything unusual except more dirt than normal, but could be from rolling in the leaves the other day (head 1st rolling). The stealing blanket out of Orions crate is funny! I am sure it is not to Orion but funny and they are so just like kids it is not funny. Brodie will be walking by Lola to get water or whatever and he just has to get her going. Poor girl she can be asleep and he is going to mess with her or at least wake her up! It is comical watching them.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
You know I have heard that before but I don't think its always a sign of an ear infection. [MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION] and I have discussed this before. My in-laws younger daschund Doodle always cleaned the older daschund Mollys ears and face but Molly NEVER did it for Doodle. Molly would growl the whole time but you can totally tell she loved it. Molly was (RIP) the oldest and alpha in the home, to me it just seemed like her "royal subjects" were just keeping her well groomed LOL. I don't know though, I hope its not because Lola has an ear infection!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
My two will lick each others ears .. and also my two miniature schnauzers. There is no ear infection when they do it .. it's just like they are grooming each other.

Unfortunately, at the moment Daddy and Maggie are not the BEST of friends. She only likes him when he's asleep and not moving .. then he becomes her pillow!! I'm hoping once he gets "snipped" and calms down a little bit that they will become friends again! Right now he is VERY bouncy and I think he could give Tigger a few lessons. The only one on his energy level is Brandi - one of the mini schnauzers!!

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
But yes, he will sit under the computer desk and demand attention from his grandma. He will grumble at her and swat at her until she comes downstairs.

[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] Sounds like Samson. He is SOO persistant. Not only will he paw me but he will cup his paws and pull my arm towards him. Such a brat :)

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
You know I have heard that before but I don't think its always a sign of an ear infection. [MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION] and I have discussed this before. My in-laws younger daschund Doodle always cleaned the older daschund Mollys ears and face but Molly NEVER did it for Doodle. Molly would growl the whole time but you can totally tell she loved it. Molly was (RIP) the oldest and alpha in the home, to me it just seemed like her "royal subjects" were just keeping her well groomed LOL. I don't know though, I hope its not because Lola has an ear infection!

This is so funny! I never thought about it that way...now that I think of it, it's always the younger dog cleaning the older one's ears. Linus did it to Bentley, Truman did it to Linus. I am probably just paranoid since Linus had so many ear problems, but that moisture can cause problems in the ear, I swear! :)

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
This is so funny! I never thought about it that way...now that I think of it, it's always the younger dog cleaning the older one's ears. Linus did it to Bentley, Truman did it to Linus. I am probably just paranoid since Linus had so many ear problems, but that moisture can cause problems in the ear, I swear! :)

I am sure you are and with a TOTALLY good reason. I am the same way now, I swear I check Samson's ear everyday. Oh no I can imagine the moisture does not help at all!!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Yep Mugsy cleans Cuttys ears and face all the time and the whole time Cutty growls at him but I think he is purring or something cuz Mugsy also has no clue and doesnt stop. Obviously if Cutty didnt like it Mugsy would know. I do think it is an alpha thing to be the one getting groomed cuz Cutty hasnt cleaned Mugsy since he was a baby. Yet Cutty thinks he needs to lick my face. lol. With us it isnt an ear infection, I think Cutty has had 1 or 2 maybe ever.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
our bullie and lab dont lick each others ears but they do lick each others paws... i swear they will lay on the floor for a good while lay in front of each other licking each others paws

NikkiSchoolcraft

Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston, Hitch, Layla, Sugar Boo
When we adopted Hitch he was still in pretty bad shape so Winston "took care of him". He taught him to play and cuddled when Hitch felt bad. Now, Hitch cleans Win's face and ears. When Winston gets a drink of water..Hitch even licks the water off his chin :luv: Its like he tries taking care of Winston now.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Sometimes mine will lick each others faces/ears but not all the time. However, Molly seems to think it is her job to keep Tidus's private part clean, she licks it all the time and I cannot get her to stop doing it!!:angry:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.