Chewing Help

AmandaPeterson

Feb 10, 2014
New Braunfels, Texas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Eleanor Rigby aka. Ellie 4 years and Beaux who is 4months.
So Eleanor Rigby is 7mo old. We brought her home two weeks ago from a breeder where I assume she spent most of her time in a crate. Lately she has started chewing. She chewed through the drywall this afternoon when we left her alone downstairs for 20 minutes. So I went to the feed store and bought her an antler (ouch $$$) some kong flavor and a hoof. She already has a nylabone and a bully horn. My concern is the horse hoof. Is that ok for a bulldog?

Besides all all these chew things what else can I do? She seems to only do it when she's alone. I'm maybe thinking it's anxiety? She has really come around and is being a puppy is out of her crate all the time now.

Thanks all!!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
:welcome:to you and Ellie. It sounds like Ellie needs to be in her crate, when left alone. Many Bullies can't be trusted to be on the loose, when left alone. You can give her a couple of tough nylabone durabones in her crate to chew on. Do not leave her alone with cow hooves,bull horn, or antler, as she may get pieces off, and choke-you need to be there when she has those types of chews.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I have never given ours hoofs or bully horns, but I would just watch her with them. She will eventually grow out of this chewing thing, but in the mean time just keep plenty of chew toys around and just watch her. Plus if she is going to be left alone for very long I would just crate her.

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
Great advice above! Definitely plenty of chew toys! I also have found Habanero Sauce a great chewing deterrent. We put some Habanero sauce on the area he chewed and he wouldn't go near it. It also cleans up nicely too. Apple bitter never worked for us - I think my dogs actually liked the taste of it.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Agree with the other posts..... No hooves or horns. We use antlers, marrow bones, Nylabones and Kongs

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.