Is he just"special" or what?

luvmybully

May 19, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
Every morning we get up go for a pee run, Tucker comes inside and then has "the look" he runs around, looks down the stairs as should I, and I have to say "do you have to go potty?"then he will run to the door. When he came in I used to really praise him and Always gave him a special treat, he's 10 months old. If I don't get him out I think he'd go in the house, does anyone else STILL have to remind their dog to go potty outside?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

raetate

Jan 5, 2014
virginia beach, va
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
hercules
Lol yea Hercules all the time. He just wants to play or be lazy so anything to interrupt that is out of the question lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
We still give Buster a treat when he comes back in from doing his thing and he's almost 2. Part of me believes that these guys are so smart they will do just about anything for a treat.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
He sounds too cute.

mc68mc

Sep 11, 2012
Columbia Mo area
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
April aka Big Smoochie or Smoocha - Libre'
We let April out to do her duty then she scratches on the door -but she sets there like a lump till you get a treat out of the basket and tap it on the glass of the storm door...... SHE TRAINED US WELL !!!!!!!!!!! 2013-02-21_09-50-39_241.jpg

Camila bubba

Feb 25, 2014
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Bubba
He usually lets me know but im always the one taking him first he even realize he has to go

satch1151

Dec 18, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rambo
I am amazed how smart bulldogs are. My little Rambo has been going out for awhile now. He sits at the door to go out. If we do not see him he will give a little bark. Then he scratches the door to come back in.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
Curly whines and then mouths my hands whenever he wants to go out. When I get up to take him out, he just lays down and looks at me. I then have to get him up and literally push him down the 2 flights of stairs to get to my front door. There is a landing between the two flights of stairs and occasionally he will just lay down on that flight. He's funny because he knows he has to go outside but he just doesn't want to make the effort too. I think I spoiled him too much when he was a smaller puppy and I use to carry him down the stairs and straight outside (he wouldn't pee on me and it was easier for me to grab him and take him out).

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
I am amazed how smart bulldogs are. My little Rambo has been going out for awhile now. He sits at the door to go out. If we do not see him he will give a little bark. Then he scratches the door to come back in.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

That is actually what our Bazza does !!!! So clever aren't they

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Brutus will sit at the back door and wait for us to let him out. If it's an emergency he will bark or grumble. Frankie is a little confused as he will scratch at the front door when he has to go even though he is never brought through that door. He know he goes out the back door but still scratches on the front. I will watch Brutus though still at 15mos old if he is playing vigorously he has to go out right after.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:stinkey: Yes, my 2yr old Frenchie is a stubborn as the day is long!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online