HELP!

raetate

Jan 5, 2014
virginia beach, va
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
hercules
Hercules woke me up this morning in this dry cough and it sounded like he had to throw up so we ran outside and he was alright but continued with the dry cough, he has been drinking water and going about his normal self but he's still dry coughing and sometimes it sounds like he has to throw up ... i checked his mouth and throat theres nothing there but still dry coughing :(

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
This is a suggestion, but not a diagnoses. What kind of heat do you have? Perhaps the air in your home is too dry. Try using a humidifier, or if you have a wood stove, put a pot of water on the stove-to add some humidity to the air. If he has no other signs of illness, this may help. He may even have a sore throat. If he has not allergies, you could give him a little honey. If it continues I would seek vet.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
could be kennel cough…not that i've ever experienced the symptoms myself

OP
raetate

raetate

Jan 5, 2014
virginia beach, va
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
hercules
He's stopped coughing which is good. But I am going to try the humidifier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Kennel cough sound like he's trying to cough out something (plus if not treated you can see a nose discharge) hopefully humidifier will sort Hercules cough out x

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Glad he has stopped coughing for now. I would just keep an eye on him and hope it doesn't return.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He's stopped coughing which is good. But I am going to try the humidifier.

How is he doing?

OP
raetate

raetate

Jan 5, 2014
virginia beach, va
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
hercules
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] he's doing good. He hasn't coughed or anything since that day. I want to think Hercules was just a being a drama queen! He does these weird moppy and limping things when he feels he's being neglected when really he's doing his own thing. Hahaha and I know he's faking because when we go and love up on him he goes back to running wild. But I did tell the vet about his cough and she said to keep watching.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
@2BullyMama he's doing good. He hasn't coughed or anything since that day. I want to think Hercules was just a being a drama queen! He does these weird moppy and limping things when he feels he's being neglected when really he's doing his own thing. Hahaha and I know he's faking because when we go and love up on him he goes back to running wild. But I did tell the vet about his cough and she said to keep watching.

they sure are attention whores, that is for sure

OP
raetate

raetate

Jan 5, 2014
virginia beach, va
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
hercules
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] they are the definition of it hahaha but gotta love them.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online