agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
The wounds on diesels face is healing / scabing over.
I have cleaned it all this morning and brushed his coat before taking him on a walk.
I just got back in and it must be itching him, he is scratching it and there's blood. Nothing bad but I need the itch to stop bothering him.... I have medicated talk from when I got a tattoo removed and it's to calm the inflammation and stop the itch ( on broken skin )
has anyone used it on there bully's.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I have never tried it. I usually use Chlorohexidine spray or Vetericyn on cuts and scrapes.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
If it's like gold bond medicated powder, it will help, but may also cause him to try to rub it off, which is what you are trying to stop him from. Poor baby :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
we used tattoo goo on Lola before! you can also try a benedryl for the itching (may also make himsleepy). One 25mg pink pill per 25 lbs of dog. up to 3 times a day (though we've only given twice a day).

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
If the medicated talc has a corticosteroid in it (like triamcinolone or hydrocortisone) then this will help with the itching. I'm glad he's healing up!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
How is Diesel doing?

OP
jimmyjj

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
How is Diesel doing?

The first few days after the attack he wasn't himself, a bit unsure and he growled at people and other dogs. My heart melted as I thought he had changed but after taking him out and reassuring him every few mins he has come round. Last night a woman walked passed with a Dalmatian walked passed and the stopped and said I love bulldogs. Diesel was totally cool with the larger dog.

His bite marks is something I am not used to, last night a clump of hair came out when I was cleaning and the scab came off..,
All round his ear is bald and the bites bits on his shoulders are bald. I hope it will all grow back in and not affect his coat

Thank you soooo much for asking it means a lot

J

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
The first few days after the attack he wasn't himself, a bit unsure and he growled at people and other dogs. My heart melted as I thought he had changed but after taking him out and reassuring him every few mins he has come round. Last night a woman walked passed with a Dalmatian walked passed and the stopped and said I love bulldogs. Diesel was totally cool with the larger dog.

His bite marks is something I am not used to, last night a clump of hair came out when I was cleaning and the scab came off..,
All round his ear is bald and the bites bits on his shoulders are bald. I hope it will all grow back in and not affect his coat

Thank you soooo much for asking it means a lot

J
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

so happy to hear he is bouncing back.... give him hugs for me! His hair may not grow back, I hope it does, but good chance it won't just be prepared.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.