Average weight for 3 month old male bully?

KishiD

Feb 8, 2014
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocky
Hi all,

I'm worried Rocky is looking too skinny. I don't live near any other EB's to compare him to so was just wondering what your pups weighed at 3 months. Rocky is currently 7.9kg (17.4lb) and I feed him 1 cup of food 3 times a day.

maqebe8u.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
KishiD

KishiD

Feb 8, 2014
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocky
He's got such a skinny backside!!!!

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
my bully is the same! shes a female though. but at 15 weeks she was 20 lbs, and then added a pound every week. she is healthy and looking healthy. her front is REALLY stocky and the back is very very tiny which made me nervous thinking she was underwight but she is actually a great weight. shes now 27 lbs at 5 months.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
It's hard to go by weight as every bully is different. The weight sounds about right, but the best way to tell is, you should not easily feel their ribs, but should be able to feel them with some moderate pressure when you rub your hands along his side. It sounds like you are feeding him enough, but that also depends on the food. If it's not a high quality food, then you may have to feed more.You can also go by the poop method to determine the food amount. If you are feeding too much their poop will be too soft. If you are not feeding enough their poop will be hard. So you want a happy medium.

OP
KishiD

KishiD

Feb 8, 2014
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocky
Thank you both! I can actually see Rockys ribs sometimes which is a little worrying. [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] the info re poop is really interesting (lol) and super helpful thank you!! He's definitely the happy medium but I think I might take hi yo the vet for a little look as he had worms but when I gave him the meds only one came out in his poop so I'm wondering if he still has them hence lack of weight?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.