Anyone in Florida?

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
It absolutely sounds like where I'd like to be. And believe it or not I grew up amongst rednecks haha. I lived in a very rural part of northwest new jersey, nothing like where I am now near the beach. Coming here was the culture shock!!

I will need to look at a map - now I need to find a place with all that, and not far from the beach! :facepalm: does such a place even exist? :p

But thank you, I truly appreciate you giving me so much input!

Well we have two kinds of beaches here in Florida, the Atlantic coast side and the Gulf side. You could find a place on the coast or within a few hours drive and still live in a rural setting if that's what your looking for

B

Baxter Tiberius

Depending where you are in Florida (?) it can be very different climate.

Its mostly only *hot* here in Miami Ft Lauderdale area from April to October. Rest of the time its gorgeous out. Cool and tolerable.

However, you should expect that they will be inside most of those months, and the other months you still have to be very careful.

Today I brought Baxter to a bully meetup right by the beach and it was completely beautiful out. Maybe 74 degrees and very breezy and cool.

However after the running and playing, and some direct sunlight, baxter almost overheated by the end. They take literally 30 minutes to cool down sometimes.

By the time we got in the car he was so hot that he nearly passed out and stopped breathing. I had to "jar" him awake a couple times and I had him in front of the blasting air conditioning. It was kind of scary. He was fading fast, gasping for air, and it did not look like sleep.

So all that to say, unless its 60 degrees out, anywhere you live, you have to be very careful, but as far as the heat goes, he mostly stays inside for those few months. Other than that, he's perfectly fine.

Miami, along the beaches, is probably one of the most beautiful areas I have seen in this country, beach-wise. If budget allows for it, I highly recommend. I often hear about the culture shock of south florida, but I am white, and appreciate other cultures, so I enjoy it quite a bit. It really comes down to the area you live in. People of all shades and colors and languages who are intelligent and successful in life can be a lot easier to be around than even full-blooded americans who aren't :)

-B-

OP
TacorisBulldogs

TacorisBulldogs

Feb 11, 2014
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tacori
Wow what great responses! Thank you so much everyone for your input. It's so reassuring that you guys are there! We are leaning towards it more than Cali at this point I think, but we will see!!! Thanks again!

Vanize Andrade

Sep 1, 2011
Florida
Country
Brazil
Bulldog(s) Names
Piper, Mooney, Lear Panda and Pitts
Hello!
I would say it really depends!! South Florida weather is different from Central and North.
I live in South Florida and its very hard on my 4 EBs. We just walk at night time. They need to be IN THE HOUSE all the time between April/May to November.
I personally would to to Cali!
Good luck!

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
Bubba has always lived in Fl. It does get really hot in the summer but you just have to do walks when it is cooler in the morning or evenings. They do have a dog park I take him to and an off-leash dog beach not far away. I just bring water wherever I go. The other months of the year, like now, are awesome. Bubba, unlike I hear most bulldogs are, does self regulate his temp when he lays out in the sun in the back yard. He comes in when he gets hot. Good luck! I think you would like florida.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.