uh oh oldy?

cmstone

Jan 22, 2014
t-town
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rorschach
i posted in here a few weeks ago wanting to know yalls opinions on the possibility of my dog not being pure bred EB. After rigorous research, i have come to the conclusion that Rory is half ambull, half english. for street terms sake i understand that this makes him an OEB. this is obviously a curve ball that I'm actually pretty happy with, but i dont know anything about OEB or am bulls. are there surprises ahead of me? in the picture i posted, Rory is on the right. the left dog is an engam bulldog.

Attachments

• hmmrory.jpg
    hmmrory.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 196

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
i'm not familiar with the ambull/engbull mix breed. but it looks like your bully is still a puppy! just wait until he grows up and see what he looks like. :) do have a picture of when he was around 5-8 weeks old? I found that Lola looks exactly like she did as a puppy in the standing up and staring at you pose at 3 years old today. but the lanky stages were not indicative of her adult looks.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I was just going to say the same as aprilemari, unless you have a reason to think your baby was not bred EB, there is no way of knowing at this age. There is a lot of growing to do and bullies come in many different shapes and sizes. They go through many growth stages and lanky stages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
when adopting her were you told by the breeder that it was a pure bred? I think she looks OEB but again as they all said above you never know. my puppy right now some people keep calling a boxer (lol) because she has very long legs and sort of the same coloring so some people just assume. but i know for a fact she isnt a boxer. but yes a lot of people have given me insight on here and many bulldogs grow up looking different. i always search online for EBD and none ever look and share the same exact characteristics.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
She doesn't look like the dog on the left to me. Only thing they have in common is coloring. She looks english bulldog to me.
Like [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] said, EB's come in all shapes and sizes. So unless you have reason to believe she's not all bullie, I wouldn't assume she's not.

shobbsie

Mar 28, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Two
http://www.picturetothet.com/blog/2013/11/wrigley

My son has an OEB and she is the best dog I've ever been around! Everyone that comes into contact with her LOVES her! My son and his girlfriend included Wrig (he calls her Wrig the pig because of the noises she makes) in their Christmas card pictures and the photographer blogged about her. The photog mis-identifies her as an American Bulldog, but her papers say OEB (OEB is not recognized by the AKC). She weighs 80 pounds and a lot of people mistake her for a boxer.

Txarmywife

Oct 10, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sancho
View attachment 67084this is a more recent pic.

When you got her what were you told? Did you see the parents? American Bulldogs are extremely high energy where as English bulldogs are not. Old English Bulldogs are different from both the American & English and is recognized by some kennel clubs, just not AKC. The biggest clue is the tail. English Bulldogs naturally have a docked tail...Old English are born with a tail that gets docked by the breeder. American Bulldogs keep their tail.

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
Some English bullys have longer tails although it isn't technically breed standard and also a mixed bulldogs may still have a short tail beabulls half beagle half bulldog often have no short tails

OP
C

cmstone

Jan 22, 2014
t-town
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rorschach
he was born with a stand EB corkscrew tail.he is very high energy. he is 8 months old, 65 lbs, 22 inches tall from the shoulder. which is small ambull size

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
OEB are great dogs and are generally healthy.

BodiesMom

Feb 18, 2014
Eastern NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bodie
Her face doesn't look to be as "smooshed" in as an EB. She's pretty tall too! I'd have to say, just from the pics and the recent info on her size and weight, that she's not a purebred. Did u get her from a breeder, pet store, rescue, etc..?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.