Energetic bulldog

Camila bubba

Feb 25, 2014
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Bubba
Bubba is 9 months old. He is neutered and he is crazy energetic. I thought that after the surgery he was going to calm down but no ahhaha he is still a little too much. He has beds around the house so he can sleep anywhere he wants but he does not sleep outside his crate. If we are around he wont sleep. I have to leave the room for him to calm down. If we are around he wants to play all the time. Is this normal? Is he going to calm down eventually? Love him to pieces but drives me crazy sometimes :) jahahhaha!

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
Sounds like normal puppy behavior! Are you taking him on normal walks? If so, how far and long?

Another thing that is also helpful is training. All play does not have to be play. He might be getting bored and trying to figure out what to do with himself. Start training him how to stay, sit, lay down etc. these commands will help him learn indoor behavior.

If you don't have a lot of experience training dogs obedience school is very helpful. Not only do the dogs learn to socialize but you will learn basic commands as well.

Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Long walks, playing fetch and KONGS usually does the trick with my two ;-)

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I agree with the advise above, start doing some command training and some structured walks to let Bubba release some of that puppy energy.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I have four. The youngest is 9 months. She is the most hyper dog I have EVER had-and I've had many! She does take an "occasional" nap, and she plays with 3 others. When she wakes up, she has to wake EVERYONE up! Her (full) sister is a nice calm-"normal" playful. They get plenty of exercise -but the "baby's" energy never runs out! She is like the energizer bunny. I AM lucky that she sleeps at night!! If he(your boy) has no one to play with-maybe some of those "interactive" toys would be good. Mine have toys everywhere-but always want the SAME one-even if their are four alike!!

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
Somebody said they calm down once they get about a year old. Molly is 2 and im still waiting.

Whats worse.. is the harder she runs around the house and bounces off the walls.. the louder she snores when she FINALLY goes to sleep. We get all the hyperactivity of a Jack Russel Terrier + the side affects of a BullDog.

OP
Camila bubba

Camila bubba

Feb 25, 2014
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Bubba
He sleeps all night but doesnt stop when he is awake. Im taking him to daycare this saturday so he can play with other dogs. I hope it works hahahah :) love this baby bully!

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
@camilabubba to be completely honest the reason why we got our second dog was because our first dog was so needy. Once he had a buddy he stopped bothering us and they played with each other. Then we got the third dog for the second dog because she was becoming too dependent on our first dog. Lol life of a dog hoarder

But with that said dogs have a way of tiring each other out. Doggie daycare sounds like a great idea!

satch1151

Dec 18, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rambo
Lol Rambo is going on 5 months now. We have 2 jack Russell's to, and he keeps up with them. But the funny thing is. He is just like a non hairy kid he goes goes goes wham out and snoring.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

HTX Bully

Aug 6, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Holly
Very normal. Holly is almost 2 and shes always ready to go go go

OP
Camila bubba

Camila bubba

Feb 25, 2014
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Bubba
[MENTION=10584]satch1151[/MENTION] hahhahaa ur comment just made my day ahhaha i honestly think that im going to end ip with another bully hahaha my excuse

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
2nd bully's are always the answer... The downside is you'll start posting on home repair forums asking how to fix all damage and holes in the walls :(

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Kevins daddy tells the truth. Frankie is a laid back bully and Brutus is crazy. I actually hide his toys at 7pm because I am exhausted from playing fetch. Brutus will put his toys on Frankies head to try and make him play. This is the reason why we got another bulldog. We thought ok let Brutus play with someone other that us. Yeah right!!! Two bulldogs are definitely not for the faint of heart though...they race through the house like their butts are on fire and don't care what they take down in their path. People, furniture, other dogs.......Brutus is 15mos and I am waiting for him to calm down. He does pass out at 8:30 though so we get some peace and quiet.

OP
Camila bubba

Camila bubba

Feb 25, 2014
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Bubba
Hahahah u guys are amazing. Bubba is at day care now. He was soooo happy with the other dogs. I dont think i can afford another bully. Maybe next year. In the mean time day care is gonna have to do.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Ace is 16 months old and he has calmed down quite a bit from where he was at your pups age. He is still energetic and has drive but its more focused and usually only when we are purposefully playing and etc. But when he was younger he was off the charts and was a near constant ball of energy especially at the bewitching hours during the evening. So yes there is hope yet

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online