Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Energetic bulldog

Kevins daddy tells the truth. Frankie is a laid back bully and Brutus is crazy. I actually hide his toys at 7pm because I am exhausted from playing fetch. Brutus will put his toys on Frankies head to try and make him play. This is the reason why we got another bulldog. We thought ok let Brutus play with someone other that us. Yeah right!!! Two bulldogs are definitely not for the faint of heart though...they race through the house like their butts are on fire and don't care what they take down in their path. People, furniture, other dogs.......Brutus is 15mos and I am waiting for him to calm down. He does pass out at 8:30 though so we get some peace and quiet.
    My smooshy face boy!

Country
    Usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bubba
    Likes (Received)

Hahahah u guys are amazing. Bubba is at day care now. He was soooo happy with the other dogs. I dont think i can afford another bully. Maybe next year. In the mean time day care is gonna have to do.

Real Name
    Tim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ace
    Likes (Received)

Ace is 16 months old and he has calmed down quite a bit from where he was at your pups age. He is still energetic and has drive but its more focused and usually only when we are purposefully playing and etc. But when he was younger he was off the charts and was a near constant ball of energy especially at the bewitching hours during the evening. So yes there is hope yet

Bulldog Vet in Training karenben's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hilda
    Likes (Received)

Lots of training really tires them out ,sometimes more than running around as they have to use their brain,but at the end of the day ,just like kids they need telling it's time to chill/ sleep in the crate

Country
    Usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bubba
    Likes (Received)

Default Energetic bulldog

Update on doggie day care. He loved it... Oh my gosh! Doggie day care is the best thing that ever happend to me. He got home ate i gave him a bath and put him in the crate at 7 and he slept all night. I woke him up at 11 to go to the bathroom and then i put him in my bed and he did not move until 8am this morning. Now my husband and I are thinking of getting another dog. He is soo good with other dogs. im gonna make doggie day care a weekly routine for him.

Real Name
    Nu
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Curly
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Camila bubba View Post
    Update on doggie day care. He loved it... Oh my gosh! Doggie day care is the best thing that ever happend to me. He got home ate i gave him a bath and put him in the crate at 7 and he slept all night. I woke him up at 11 to go to the bathroom and then i put him in my bed and he did not move until 8am this morning. Now my husband and I are thinking of getting another dog. He is soo good with other dogs. im gonna make doggie day care a weekly routine for him.
    YAY! Glad things worked out with doggie daycare! Taking him once a week sounds like a great idea and it will get him use to being introduced to new dogs. Once you get a new fur-baby it will be an easy transition. One tip is make sure you train Bubba really well. My oldest (whose name happens to be Sully Bubba) is trained really well, so much to the fact that my other two learned commands from him (sit, drop it, leave it, down, stay). We barely had to work on training the other two because they learned from him.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Camila bubba View Post

Great idea.... Stay with once a week too! It is a lot for a bulldog going more than twice a week... I worked at a dog daycare for 4 yrs and the bullies came in usually twice a week and it was more than enough for them.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads