New puppy and 2 year old EB

Utley

Jul 12, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Utley and Bella
We just picked up our new EB puppy, Bella, on Friday. We already have Utley, who is just about 2. He is wayyyy excited to have his sister to play with, but we are looking for any suggestions on their first couple of weeks together.
u2y5ageh.jpg
9eruta3a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
That is the SWEETEST picture of the two of them! You can see he loves his lil' sis! When they play-if he gets too rough-tell him to take it easy-it's a baby dog. When the pup gets to the shark-biting stage, and too wound up, put her in her crate for a nap, to give Utley a break. When you have questions, just ask, EBN will help! Congratulations, your two babies are sweet!

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Soooo cute!!! goodluck with your little angels and congratulations on your new addition!

Chubby

Feb 20, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubby
So cute♡

Chubby♡

OP
Utley

Utley

Jul 12, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Utley and Bella
Thank you all for the comments😊. The initial excitement has calmed down a little between the two of them. Bella will instigate Utley and then he turns into the energizer bunny and won't give Bella a break. Bella stands her ground but sometimes it's to much for her and other times its too much for Utley ( those sharp puppy teeth). I don't want to have to separate them every time they play. Any suggestions on how to make play time be calmer? Also Bella's toys are too small for Utley but he gets jealous that he can't have them, even though he has a bunch of new toys and even shares them with Bella.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
The pics are precious. Both are beautiful bullies.

No advice on the playing, I only have 1 bullie..

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
We have this evil thing roaming around our house called 'The squirt bottle'... It's such a kill-joy!! Any time Molly (2 years old) decides she wants to drag baby Kevin (4 months) around the house by his back leg the squirt bottle shows up and ruins Molly's fun. If they get into an argument over who gets to chew on an antler the squirt bottle cools them off and the antler gets taken away.

They both have tried to kill the squirt bottle a few times (the trigger has almost been chewed off).. but if a game of 'lets destroy the house' gets a little out of control just the sight of the dreaded squirt bottle will calm things down.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OMG.... what awesome pictures! so darn cute --- as [MENTION=3952]TheLost[/MENTION] stated.... the water squirt bottle is your friend!

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
Love the pics !!! They are adorable !!

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
I have three dogs, and my EB is the youngest. My Bugg, Mi'Me is a bit aggressive so it took about 2 months before she warmed up to Curly. You've lucked out that they are getting along so well now! My other dog (Frenchton), Sully, kind of stayed away from Curly in the beginning but now they constantly wrestle.

With all that said, most of the time they dogs will sort themselves out. Mi'me works as the regulator and if they two boys get too loud she steps betweens them and separates them. I learned from her to jump in if they are getting to rowdy with each other. If they start playing too rough (or too loud) I step between them and separate them, and say "Quiet down" to regulate their play. it works. I also find that the sharp puppy teeth really didn't bother Sully that much and he just dealt with it.

Good luck!! Puppies are so much fun.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.