My bulldog got attacked tonight

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Jimmy so very sorry you had to go through this... I hope Diesel is OK and is quick to recover from the ordeal. The is 110% the owners fault and he should pay any very bills.... because of people like him the Pitty has a very bad name/reputation... just like the Doberman, German Shepard and Rottweiler did before him -- stupid @ss people treating and teaching a dog to be evil.

Carry the pepper spray and protector your babies best you can

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Thank goodness both of you are fine. I agree the pitties owner needs to pay all vet bills. Hope you got all their info.

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
I am so glad that both Diesel and you weren't hurt worse, I am sorry both of you had to be hurt at all. I am terrified to bring Bocephus around dogs I don't know well. I hope the other dog owner will step up and pay all medical bills

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
Oh I am so sorry to hear this ... It is ridiculous that this kinda thing happens at all !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
jimmyjj

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
Thank you all so Much for for positive posts.
I was nearly crying this morning when I was cleaning diesels wounds and his fur was falling out where the bite marks were.
There was another 2 bite marks that I never noticed last night.
I told my boss I ll be in late tomorrow as I am taking diesel to the vets incase he needs an injection and a once over.

Proper gutted

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Dogs will get into rumbles and sometimes it can happen so suddenly that its on before one can stop it but what bothers me most about this, other than your dog being injured, is that the other dog was off leash. That was irresponsible to say the least. I think the other owner should own up and pay up on any medical attention your dog requires.

mygargolyes

Feb 20, 2014
Ca
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
torrin and eli
wow!, I know ecxactly how you feel, this past friday night my 7 month old Torrin ended up at the bottom of the dog pile. He was playing tug with another dog at our dog park and this little terrier ( that was causeing problem alreday) came running up and grabed the toy. Well that started it!. German shepard, some kinda hound, lab, and that terrier all on torrin. I know it did not last long, but felt like an hour by the time we got everbody off. All I heard was Torring screming.
I should have gotten bitten myself as I just started grabing dog and throwing them. ( I did get some strange looks after wards:ohmy:). with two open bites Ear and foot,and some good scratches on his face. We headed home I was crying all the way, But you know as I was cleaning him up and baby talking to him , he was doing the same to me in his own way. I did get bite and torrin was cleaning me, So after some Wine for me and Benadryl and aspirin for him.( thanks to Twice for that great post on Human medication safe for dogs) we setteled in to the easy chair, and I knew I did do my best in protecting him. Dogs are dogs , people are people. there will all way be someone trying to **** on your day :evil:. So Jimmy look in Diesel eyes your his hero!

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
Hope diesel is ok [MENTION=6047]jimmyjj[/MENTION]

did you take the guys details the owner of the dog that attacked diesel? He should be paying the vet bills not you - wether you have pet insurance or not you shouldn't need to claim and risk your insurance going up. He should be paying the bill. If Deisel was on the lead and the pit wasnt its ilegal and all his dogs fault and if you wanted to get police involved you can. If both dogs were off the lead then its the blame of both owners not having correct control over their dog.

Its not an excuse and I am by no means sticking up for the other dog - far from it id be in pieces if Meeko got attacked... but they say other dogs often dislike bullys because of their short snouts they greet wrong and it can seem full on like they are comin at them to other dogs but theyr not its just their short snouts mean their faces need to go close for greeting :( xxx

Sharon Mitchel

Sep 5, 2013
Port Townsend, Washington, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charley, a 5 year old male
I really don't like seeing dogs off leash. Scares the day lights out of me. I do hope Diesel is ok. Glad he's going to be seen at the vet, just in case. I agree, ...do hope the pit's owner pays your vet bills. I also hope Diesel isn't too traumatized. You're in our thoughts and prayers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
jimmyjj

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
[MENTION=6330]MeekosMummy[/MENTION] diesel was on the lead.
The passer by who helped told me what street the guy lived as he knew him, was disgusted and saw everything unfold.
Once diesel was cleaned up and calm I did go round to this guys house....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Please keep us posted.... So hope he is ok and nothing is infected!

mavsfan4life

Bullshiht-zu
May 10, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mayhem
I am so sorry to hear this and I hope that Diesel heals quickly! :hug: to you both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

No Juan Likes

Aug 4, 2013
South Carolina
Your story has angered me! You know if your dog is crazy why in the heck would you walk an aggressive pitbull!!! Thank GOD your dog is not badly hurt, I would've hurt the owner. My dogs are like my kids if you hurt them your going down.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Thank you all so Much for for positive posts.
I was nearly crying this morning when I was cleaning diesels wounds and his fur was falling out where the bite marks were.
There was another 2 bite marks that I never noticed last night.
I told my boss I ll be in late tomorrow as I am taking diesel to the vets incase he needs an injection and a once over.

Proper gutted

Let us know what the vet says... Poor baby. I hate irresponsible dog owners!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Hope that Diesel is ok xx
In uK if it is a pitbull he will be killed -unless owner take the dog to court to get it on a exempt list
Besides as a pitbull owner myself (before moved to UK-i see that loafs of people got a pit -type dogs but not actual pitbulls -they dont look as they should
Dadly accidents do happen -pitbull or a colie - when we walk our girls i keep eyes and ears open for other dogs ,and my own -on the end of the day my girls are dogs and they too could turn on other dogs (even tho they are nice girls)

I would take him to the vet for a check up just in case xx

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online