I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruthie & Brutus
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: My bulldog got attacked tonight

This makes me sad. I hope you both are ok.

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Jimmy I'm so sorry for you & Diesel, what a nightmare! I agree to carry mace, or walk w/a stick... Poor baby, let us know what the vet says.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Real Name
    Jeremiah and Brittany
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tacori
    Likes (Received)

Very sorry to hear about this...I am NOT a fan of Pit Bulls and often get into heated discussions with owners at work about these dogs and how "they are so sweet" as they say. The stats just don't show that. I can also understand your feeling about being not able to protect him...but things happen and we do our best. I can tell you, I carry when I go out and I would've had a hard time not putting that pit down if it were my dog it was latched on. If it were one of my kids, that dog wouldn't have made it.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Jimmy so very sorry you had to go through this... I hope Diesel is OK and is quick to recover from the ordeal. The is 110% the owners fault and he should pay any very bills.... because of people like him the Pitty has a very bad name/reputation... just like the Doberman, German Shepard and Rottweiler did before him -- stupid @ss people treating and teaching a dog to be evil.

Carry the pepper spray and protector your babies best you can
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Thank goodness both of you are fine. I agree the pitties owner needs to pay all vet bills. Hope you got all their info.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Kori
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
    Likes (Received)

I am so glad that both Diesel and you weren't hurt worse, I am sorry both of you had to be hurt at all. I am terrified to bring Bocephus around dogs I don't know well. I hope the other dog owner will step up and pay all medical bills
    My sunshine doesn’t come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog’s eyes.

James Hond, My Sunshine

Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    Us
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sebastian
    Likes (Received)

Oh I am so sorry to hear this ... It is ridiculous that this kinda thing happens at all !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agingermom's minion and cabana boy Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    jimmy
    Country
    Scotland .
    Bulldog(s) Names
    diesel - paisley & nula
    Likes (Received)

Thank you all so Much for for positive posts.
    I was nearly crying this morning when I was cleaning diesels wounds and his fur was falling out where the bite marks were.
    There was another 2 bite marks that I never noticed last night.
    I told my boss I ll be in late tomorrow as I am taking diesel to the vets incase he needs an injection and a once over.

Proper gutted

Real Name
    Tim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ace
    Likes (Received)

Dogs will get into rumbles and sometimes it can happen so suddenly that its on before one can stop it but what bothers me most about this, other than your dog being injured, is that the other dog was off leash. That was irresponsible to say the least. I think the other owner should own up and pay up on any medical attention your dog requires.

Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    torrin and eli
    Likes (Received)

wow!, I know ecxactly how you feel, this past friday night my 7 month old Torrin ended up at the bottom of the dog pile. He was playing tug with another dog at our dog park and this little terrier ( that was causeing problem alreday) came running up and grabed the toy. Well that started it!. German shepard, some kinda hound, lab, and that terrier all on torrin. I know it did not last long, but felt like an hour by the time we got everbody off. All I heard was Torring screming.
    I should have gotten bitten myself as I just started grabing dog and throwing them. ( I did get some strange looks after wards). with two open bites Ear and foot,and some good scratches on his face. We headed home I was crying all the way, But you know as I was cleaning him up and baby talking to him , he was doing the same to me in his own way. I did get bite and torrin was cleaning me, So after some Wine for me and Benadryl and aspirin for him.( thanks to Twice for that great post on Human medication safe for dogs) we setteled in to the easy chair, and I knew I did do my best in protecting him. Dogs are dogs , people are people. there will all way be someone trying to **** on your day . So Jimmy look in Diesel eyes your his hero!

Real Name
    Tasha
    Country
    Wales
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Meeko
    Likes (Received)

Hope diesel is ok @jimmyjj

did you take the guys details the owner of the dog that attacked diesel? He should be paying the vet bills not you - wether you have pet insurance or not you shouldn't need to claim and risk your insurance going up. He should be paying the bill. If Deisel was on the lead and the pit wasnt its ilegal and all his dogs fault and if you wanted to get police involved you can. If both dogs were off the lead then its the blame of both owners not having correct control over their dog.

Its not an excuse and I am by no means sticking up for the other dog - far from it id be in pieces if Meeko got attacked... but they say other dogs often dislike bullys because of their short snouts they greet wrong and it can seem full on like they are comin at them to other dogs but theyr not its just their short snouts mean their faces need to go close for greeting xxx
    Xx.Demari-Jay & Meeko.xX

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Charley, a 5 year old male
    Likes (Received)

I really don't like seeing dogs off leash. Scares the day lights out of me. I do hope Diesel is ok. Glad he's going to be seen at the vet, just in case. I agree, ...do hope the pit's owner pays your vet bills. I also hope Diesel isn't too traumatized. You're in our thoughts and prayers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads