What to expect

REBELBABY

May 24, 2013
IDAHO
Country
UNITED STATES
Bulldog(s) Names
REBEL
We just picked him up and I feel like the most horrible mommy alive he looks at sad and tired and a little doped up can anyone tell what to expect now with everything? Like pooping and behavior and how long it will take for him to be back to normal?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
He will sleep most of this evening and tonight. Tomorrow, he should start being himself again. That's the hard part, he will feel better and want to play, and you need to keep him quiet for several days, and no jumping for about a week.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Pretty much what David said. I recall my boys feeling pretty "normal" the day afterwards. I think Rebel will be a-okay!

kristimorrill

Aug 10, 2013
san diego
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie, Daisy and George
He might throw up a little tonight so sleep near him if you can. 24 hours and he should be pretty much back to his old self!

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
June looked drunk after her spay surgery! And walked like she was tipsy too, poor girl. We carried her out to potty and then back to the couch.

e6e3yhuj.jpg

We were advised to give her only about 1/3 of her food and wait 30 minutes. If no vomiting, another 1/3 and 30 minutes, and so on. We were also told she may not go #2 for about 24 hours but she did her business as usual. The next day she woke up completely normal.

Praying for a speedy recovery! I'm sure he'll be fine :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
REBELBABY

REBELBABY

May 24, 2013
IDAHO
Country
UNITED STATES
Bulldog(s) Names
REBEL
He seems to be alot better today he slept really hard last night loudest snore I've heard

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He seems to be alot better today he slept really hard last night loudest snore I've heard

good to hear he is doing well and slept so good

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.