New here,and new to Bulldogs.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Wow, she is an amazingly beautiful girl. Just a warning, they become addicting! Once you have a bully you won't go without!! You found the best support and group out there! Welcome and enjoy.

Ann Farley Hamilton

Jul 21, 2010
Brookline, NH
Bulldog(s) Names
Hamilton's Irish Mack we call him Mack and Blossom
Welcome and your bully is a very pretty girl. I have 2 bullies Mack 4 who I have had since he was 12 weeks and Blossom 6 she's a rescue we got in Sept. I switched both mine to Nature's Variety Instinct no-grain in Sept just after Blossom came. She was on Hills Science when she came, yucky. It's a great food the only complaint I have is on Mack his tear stains are awful now. It has been great for Blossom the itching for her is gone and her coat is just now getting soft. Mack's coat has always been great and no tear stains since he was a pup till now. So I am thinking of putting him back on Taste of the wild which he did great on or Fromm. He really doesn't get much dry food daily only about 1/2 cup other then that he eats homemade. Well good luck with her and like everyone before me said switch slowly.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
congrats to your new addition!!! she is precious i just love her markings

OP
bfletch13

bfletch13

Community Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Jozi, Wales
Thanks! Less than 24 hours and
she will be at her new home. I have
been setting here watching videos on
Bullytube. Makes me more anxious to
get her. Gonna have to get the Flip video
camera all charged up for tomorrow night.

I CANT WAIT!!!

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
Best wishes and congrats. Your going to have a blast. My two can be the biggest pain in the rear but they are great and i love them so much! They are definately addicting! Can't wait to see pics and what a great Christmas present.

OP
bfletch13

bfletch13

Community Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Jozi, Wales
We are leaving in 30 minutes to go
pick her up. Will have pictures on here
later tonight.

:D

OP
bfletch13

bfletch13

Community Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Jozi, Wales
OK we got her home and have been playing for
the last hour. She seems to be doing very well.
She has already pee'd twice in the living room,and
introduced herself to the cats. More pictures later. But
for now here is a video of her greeting my cat, Lucious.

Jozi Movie1 video by bfletch1310 - Photobucket

Last edited:

Pendragon

Community Veteran
Jan 31, 2010
Apple Valley Ca
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Pendragon of Brymar(Chief for short) And Lady Ireland of Brymar
That video is precious.... Congrats and welcome to the fourm.... Your puppy is just too cute for words.... good luck on the cats lol.. We have two and our new pup Ireland chases them all over the place....

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Awwwwwwwww,,,, Is she ever cute... Im not sure she knew what to do with that big ol' cat... lol

OP
bfletch13

bfletch13

Community Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Jozi, Wales
Here are a few of the pictures we took
when we got home tonight. Will have more
tomorrow that a friend of ours took.

P1010343.jpg

P1010346.jpg

Here she is meeting our son for the first time.
P1010351.jpg

P1010350.jpg

They are gonna be best friends we can tell aready.
Maybe just partners in crime.

Lindathedogsmaid

Jan 30, 2010
Sequim ,Washington
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pippa & Peanut
welcome --welcome, and merry xmas-what a gift~~~
I am thrilled for you. It seems like yesterday when I was waiting for my first, and that was 12 years ago. I am out in Oregon with my 4 current ones. have gone through the first 3 I rescued as sibling pups in 2000. it hurt when I lost them one at a time, but have added more to love as the numbers went down. and I like to give the ones that probably wouldn't get adopted a furever home that is secure,one level ,and doggy doors to come and go as they please. with a freeway to the mommy bed (humans call them ramps)
I love the old and handicapped, the are just like me!! LOL!! any way. about the food . please do not put her on natures variety Insinct, unless you know she is alergic to grains, because very good chances that it is to high of protein for most Bulldogs and then you will have hot spots to deal with . and the only dog food that has a written guarantee to have the pre and pro biotics(yogart like cultures) (and it is a live culture) is Fromm dog food.<www.frommfamily.com> they are a family owned and operated pet food company that obtains the muscle meat daily for the food and (muscle meat is the steaks and roasts that we buy)not by products that are in 99% of the food, and we get those fogs into rescue 4 to 6 years later when the dogs has life long medical issues. and yes most of the pet food brands have been bought out be giant corporations to make the most profit they can. If you feed your Bulldog the right type of food , keep her clean,(and simple baby shampoo is all you need )the PH balance is just fine. no need for pet shampoos that cost more and are harsh. keep her face and tail, private places, and paws, washed daily , she will be healthy, happy and will live to age 12 . with out you having to go to the vet more than your own DR! and no tide soap for laundry unless it is free and clear. all fruits and veggies are great for snacks, the more raw the better , and the younger the are introduced the better. (((just NO GRAPES/RAISINS. OR ONIONS)))
NO DOG TREATS are really OK for Bulldogs. to sensitive to most ingredients. like corn, soy, and a gazillion other things, ask some of the folks on her that are from your area, if there are any or get back to me and I will contact rescue bulldog owners in your zip code that have proven Bulldog vets in your zip code area. Bulldogs are 180% different than any other breed, and most vets think that they know bulldogs when they have in fact practiced on a pit /bulldog mix that will have none of the issues a pure bred does! and do not be afraid to meet some of these vet clients. the xrays look different, the heart also , and medical anesthesia protocol are very different. so having a proven Bulldog vet is a must. if you have any questions please do not hesitate to email me or call. Natures variety has been fed to Bulldogs for years with good results, But we have found in the last few years that the pre and pro biotics play a major part in the immune system, as well as how hot and how long the food is cooked, and Natures variety has not stepped up to the plate just yet to address those issues in writing.and cooperation with owners and research groups at this time. and fromm is one of two companies in the USA/Canada who has , with a nutritionist on staff at all times to answer all and any questions from the public. and this is why I recommend it . and feed it.
Linda Parks

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.