brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Brutus has thrown up twice tonight. Both times it was like a diarrhea in color kinda thick and had some food in it. Do you think the new food is too much for him? I am up to about a half old/half new ratio. Brutus eats it really slow and I'm not sure if he likes it. He never finishes his breakfast since we started the switch and he only finishes dinner because I think he is starving. I am in a complete panic whenever he throws up because of everything we went through 2wks ago. He is pooping normal so I hope and pray it isn't still an obstruction. Please calm me down.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Oh wow, poor baby. Maybe stop with all kibble and do home cooking for a day or so until he's feeling better?
See how he does tomorrow before panicking. I know it's easier said than done, but it may just be an upset tummy.

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I'm so beside myself that I forgot all about that. I will do the boiled sirloin and rice until he feels better. Thanks

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Hoping Brutus will be okay, and it's just a small upset.:pray:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Agree.... Bland diet to see if he improves. Hugs to you both, hope is better soon

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Oh no I'm so sorry Brutus is not feeling well. I agree with others, don't panic yet, feed him a bland diet for a few days, keep an eye on him, and if he doesn't improve or symptoms get worse, take him to the vet to be checked out. I hope it's nothing serious, and he just has a upset tummy, and he feels better soon. Please keep us posted on how he's doing. Sending love, hugs and prayers to you and Brutus.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
I tried to switch Boeboe to a diet food cos of her Hip Dysplasia a while ago and that didn't work at all. She threw up every time after food even though it was still mixed with her old food. Her puke was still looking very much like food though... Bennie threw up once last year and I couldn't really tell if it was puke or poop:fie: But it only happened once and he was fine without any special treatment. Maybe it's the new food or it's just an upset tummy:) Hope he feels better already<3

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Agree with all, Rosalie...bland diet for a couple of days and when resuming
regular diet perhaps go slower with transition then see...Good luck and let
us know~GOD bless!