Recovering from spaying :)

MommyOfCali

Jan 11, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cali
Hi all!! Cali is doing wonderful two days after being spayed. You would never believe she underwent surgery. She is as playful as she used to be and it's very hard to keep her calm lol we tell her no everytime she walks quickly or stretches up on the couch/bed thinking she will pop a stitch! Lol has anyone ever cleaned around the incision area? Cali has NO cone (yay!) and has shown absolutely no interest in licking near her incision so we haven't had to apply the YUK cream. But I want to keep the area as clean as possible (without drawing attention to it) suggestions???? Thanks all!!!!:D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 823
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 355
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 588

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
YAY!! Happy that Cali is doing well. My dogs were the same-never even noticed that anything changed. Doctor just told me to leave it alone, and we never had a problem!
I was more worried that the OTHER dogs would lick it, but they didn't ! AND there was no way I could keep them calm!!!! Just take a look at it everyday-make sure it looks fine.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, I'm so glad Cali came through her surgery well, and she's having a good recovery. We had the same experience with our Blossom, when she was spayed, she had a quick and easy recovery, and it was hard to keep her quiet and not jumping. She didn't need her cone either as she didn't lick or pay attention to her stitches. I don't think bullies can reach their private areas, so I don't think they need the cone. We also didn't put anything on her stitches, they didn't get red or infected. My vet didn't recommend putting anything on the incision site, but I've seen some members on here who have used Polysporin on stitches. I don't that it would hurt the stitches. If you have any questions or doubts, you can always call your vet and ask him what he recommends.

OP
M

MommyOfCali

Jan 11, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cali
YAY!! Happy that Cali is doing well. My dogs were the same-never even noticed that anything changed. Doctor just told me to leave it alone, and we never had a problem!
I was more worried that the OTHER dogs would lick it, but they didn't ! AND there was no way I could keep them calm!!!! Just take a look at it everyday-make sure it looks fine.

Thank you!! We are going to leave it for now and just keep a close eye! We got so lucky w Cali she is amazing and were so happy recovery is going smoothly! (As I was a very nervous first time bully mommy!)

- - - Updated - - -

Hi, I'm so glad Cali came through her surgery well, and she's having a good recovery. We had the same experience with our Blossom, when she was spayed, she had a quick and easy recovery, and it was hard to keep her quiet and not jumping. She didn't need her cone either as she didn't lick or pay attention to her stitches. I don't think bullies can reach their private areas, so I don't think they need the cone. We also didn't put anything on her stitches, they didn't get red or infected. My vet didn't recommend putting anything on the incision site, but I've seen some members on here who have used Polysporin on stitches. I don't that it would hurt the stitches. If you have any questions or doubts, you can always call your vet and ask him what he recommends.

Thank you!! We are going to leave it for now and just keep a close eye! We got so lucky w Cali she is amazing and were so happy recovery is going smoothly! (As I was a very nervous first time bully mommy!)

OP
M

MommyOfCali

Jan 11, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cali

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
YEAH!! What a good girl... so gald she is doing well and ready to cause some havoc!

I did wipe Banks' incision to clear the dried blood, just used a warm wash cloth... no soap or solution, just water

OP
M

MommyOfCali

Jan 11, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cali
YEAH!! What a good girl... so gald she is doing well and ready to cause some havoc!

I did wipe Banks' incision to clear the dried blood, just used a warm wash cloth... no soap or solution, just water
Thank you! That's what I was thinking of doing tonight. Thanks for the tip! :)

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
I wiped June's incision with a warm paper towel really gently a few times. She squats really low to pee so I was worried about it getting dirty. Other than that, we didn't mess with it. And she never messed with it and you couldn't even tell she'd had surgery! Crazy girl almost gave me a heart attack jumping on and off the couch a few times!

OP
M

MommyOfCali

Jan 11, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cali
I wiped June's incision with a warm paper towel really gently a few times. She squats really low to pee so I was worried about it getting dirty. Other than that, we didn't mess with it. And she never messed with it and you couldn't even tell she'd had surgery! Crazy girl almost gave me a heart attack jumping on and off the couch a few times!
okay thanks for the help! Cali has been running and jumping on and off the couch and I'm nearly having heart palpitations trying to keep her calm! So happy it's been so easy. :knock on wood: :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.