xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
I think there was a post on here but I lost where I found it. But what are good collars to put on bulldogs? I notice they usually have an inch wide collar on, is that for a reason? Right now Jovi is turning 5 months so we just have a regular collar on her but I know when her neck gets bigger we are getting a wider one. Also, do people recommend leather? I notice they usually have leather collars too. :u2::u2::u2:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
All personal preference, I LOVE Red Dingo collars and leashes

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
I choose to use a harness with my bully since they have such breathing problems .0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Definitely personal preference. We like the collars by Dozer from Carolina Pet Pantry. Harlea only has a collar for her tags and thats it when she is going to be on a leash we use a harness that matches her collar.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Gfitz911

Aug 9, 2012
Long Beach, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Koozer
We use a harness for walks and car rides. Otherwise, we have any old collar for the tags but the collar is simply used for identification, not for function.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We only use a collar or harness when we are on walks. When they are in the house we take them off. I would not let them wear a collar if they are unattended or in their crate, just so they will not get it hung on something. We use one we bought at Petsmart, it is nylon and has a quick release larch on it so it is easy on and easy off.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:walk:Hi, I agree with others above, we only use collars or harnesses when we go outside, in the house we take them off. We use a harness when we go for long walks, but use their collars when we are just going potty, or for a short car ride. Their collar has their name tags and licences, and rabies tags. We use the Kong collars and harnesses, but I also like the Dozer collars.

paigeh79

Mar 1, 2014
Try ruffwear.com they have some cool stuff. I just bought a collar with attached leash.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437 using Tapatalk

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Elmo wears a harness, I feel he can breathe better than with a collar. Susan Moore

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
+1 on the harness for walks.. (or as Kevin likes to call them... "Im going to sit here until you carry me around the block")

Everything else is just for 'fashion'... well, and a little bit of a 'hand hold' for when they get out of control :)

Here is what i bought for Kevin in the past few weeks (yea.. weeks.. :whistle:):

Puppia Soft Dog Harness (X-Large)... LOVE IT! best harness I've bought for him (this is his 3rd) - Amazon.com
Hamilton Creased Leather Collar in Black 3/4" wide - Very Nice leather, Inexpensive (hell grow out of it soon) - Amazon.com
Kakadu Pet Give a Dog a Bone Leather Dog Collar 1" wide - Again, very nice.. but my wife took it off Kevin and put it on Molly - Amazon.com

There are also some GREAT dog collars on Etsy..
http://www.etsy.com/shop/FourRobins (some of my favorites)

For Molly, we are having a custom leather collar made.. Its leather (decorated) and has 6 stones around it.. One for each of her puppies.

IMHO.. its easy to spend $$$ for collars. Its best to not even look around.. just get something plain and move on... Or the next thing you know your dog is wearing a collar that costs more then your shoes (unless your my wife.. then your shoes cost more then my entire wardrobe!)

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Hey [MENTION=3952]TheLost[/MENTION]- your wife said to send this......... buttkick.jpg You like her new shoes?:lmaoboy:(kevin gave her the idea.............)

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
[MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION].. You'd be surprised how often i live that picture when i don't notice her new shoes :) I know my faults... and i'm not what you'd call fashionable :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online