Officially the crazy bulldog people!!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
So this Sunday morning .. and I repeat SUNDAY when all normal and sane people are still in bed ... we got up at 5.30am so that we could go to the IX-Center in Cleveland for the Crown Classic Dog show.

Why??

Because there were 54 english bulldogs there being shown. We got there at about 7.15am and the first show of all the puppies was at 8am so we grabbed two chairs and sat there ... the only people apart from the bullie owners. We actually got talking to one of the breeders who was very nice and explained to us what happens at these shows. This was our first one!!

The second show was at 8.30am-10.30am and that was for all the bullies .. males first and then females.

I have never seen so many beautiful bullies in one place ... it was like a little bullie paradise!!! :luv:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
First of all BBrrrrrrr! I lived 38 years right below Cleveland, (9 now in Florida) and secondly LUCKY!!!! I would have loved to go!! I bet you had a "few" pictures of your babies to show all the bully lovers WHY you got up at 5:30 and braved the elements to watch??

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
How kewl is that? I think that would be so much fun. Did Maggie and Daddy go too? I would have been tempted to enter them ;)

OP
kazzy220

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
[MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION] Maggie and Daddy didn't go ... you're not allowed to take your own dogs in. It's all very "official" :bully:

And no I don't think I would enter either of them ... as much as I love them I am also aware of Maggie's slightly wonky nose, and Daddy's rather large ears and gangly long legs. This would have been even more apparent if I'd put them next to these 50+ perfectly formed bullies ....LOL :lol:

It was such fun though ... we both just sat there and cooed over every bulldog who walked/waddled/wiggled past us!! You can find out your local bulldog club through the BCA website and then find out when they will be involved in the next show. That's how I found out about the Crown Classic!

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
i love going to the shows to see the beautiful bullies. I used to show my first male bully, the show judges are very unwelcoming though. i went to a show in flagstaff, easily had a 2nd place dog, and i didn't even place! other spectators who breed and show came up to me and encouraged me not to quit or be offended, and that the judges are very loyal to seasoned exhibitors. whatever. my beautiful baby didn't place and it made me so sad, i was trying not to cry. lol. after that, i decided the showing thing was not for me. it's a good place to meet breeders and bullywatch though!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Bruce has now checked to see when Milwaukee Bulldog club is having a show. I guess in July we will have to check it out. But I won't be going THAT EARLY. :lol:

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Oh wow that is so cool! I love how you called it bullie paradise, thats what I call the Bulldog Beauty Contest I go to every year. It's not a formal show thing, it's just an event that funds rescue groups. But here are hundreds of bulldogs, its bully paradise :)

OP
kazzy220

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruce has now checked to see when Milwaukee Bulldog club is having a show. I guess in July we will have to check it out. But I won't be going THAT EARLY. :lol:

[MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION] That is so cool!! You'll love it!! Believe me it was worth getting up early to get there in time to see all those goreous bullies!! :luv:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online